What is Wanikani Heatmap
This script adds a chart that shows which days you have reviewed and indicates with color how many reviews you did. Does the same with lessons. Along with this it also shows you some interesting stats such as how many days you have reviewed, how many reviews you do per day on average, and what your current streak is.
It utilises and is dependent on the Wanikani Open Framework to fetch the review data, so make sure it is installed.
What is WKOF
WKOF - Wanikani Open Framework - is a script by rfindley that makes it easier and more resource efficient to develop against the WK API. You need to install it and make it run before this script, for this one to work.
More information in this thread
Installing Wanikani Open Framework
The script will not show any review data since before 4 August 2017, because Wanikani did not log review data before that, but all lessons are included in your lesson heatmap.
The default intervals for the different colors are
0, 1-50, 51-100, 101-200, 201-400, 401+, but can be easily changed.
You can also choose exactly which colors you want to use, if the green scale does not fit your taste.
Will add more here once people start posting their updated heatmaps
For more heatmaps have a look at this thread
There are quite a few settings available for this script.
- First day of the week: Can be set to either Monday or Sunday with the default being determined by your timezone. It changes how the heatmap is layed out.
- Reverse year order: Puts the most recent year on the bottom instead of on top.
- Custom colors: Check this box if you want to use color gradients defined by the colors you provide in the Reviews and Lessons tabs.
- Re-fetch: This button deletes your stored data so that you can re-fetch it through the WK API. Might be useful if something is wrong with the stored data or if you reset or anything like that.
The reviews and lessons settings are identical.
- Start color: The starting color of the gradient for the heatmap. This is the color for the first interval.
- ** Color 2-4:** Middle colors for the middle intervals.
- End color: The end color of the gradient for the heatmap. This is also the color for the open-ended fifth interval.
- Generate button: This button sets the middle colors based on your start and end colors, to create an even gradient.
This was created from the above image by just pressing the generate button.
- End of interval 1: Days with a number of items between 0 and this number will have the related color. Not including 0.
- End of interval 2-4: Days with a number of items between the previous number and this will have the related color.
- Interval 5: Days with more items than what is entered in End of interval 4 will have the fifth color.
Bugs to fix and features to add for v.1.7.0:
- Click two dates to show stats between them
- Fix calculation for total days
- Stop lessons’ total days from increasing after all lessons have been done
- Stop reviews’ total days from increasing after everything has been burned
- Don’t forget to check for added items with the above two
Fix Lessons/Reviews button when loading page with lesson heatmap open
- I guess implement streaks for lessons, since some of you seem so damn consistent
- Update some settings dynamically rather than refresh the page