[Userscript] Wanikani Heatmap

No, WK started logging review data back then

3 Likes

Thank you, @Kumirei! I feel ā€¦ diligent.

10 Likes

Thanks so much for this script, keeping it clean is all the more reason to make sure I donā€™t skip any days til Iā€™m satisfied :wink:

3 Likes

This is very cool. I wish I could use scripts :(. Great job anyway!

2 Likes

Why canā€™t you? :thinking:

2 Likes

I donā€™t own a (proper) computer. My only devices are an iPad Pro 2018 and a Pixel 3 XL. I canā€™t bring myself to get a laptop when my iPad does 98% of what I need (I work as an artist), but damn that last 2% makes me sad some days. Like, every time I level up but have to finish 80 vocab before I can see any new kanji.

2 Likes

I think someone mentioned Mozilla Firefox being able to install and utilize scripts on smartphones, maybe thatā€™d also work on your tablet?

2 Likes

Apple doesnā€™t allow any scripts to run as far as I am aware

1 Like

Well Iā€™m all out of ideas then :man_shrugging:

Sorry @inusagi-chan :cry:

1 Like

:slight_smile: still love seeing all of the things this awesome community cooks up.

Some day Iā€™ll get an old MacBook just for WKing, lol.

3 Likes

Maybe a cheap Chromebook would be good for you.

2 Likes

I donā€™t need a chart to show me how diligent Iā€™ve been :stuck_out_tongue: I just reached Lv.30 and I havenā€™t skipped a single day :slight_smile: Iā€™m halfway there!

2 Likes

In browser-targeted code, Iā€™ve always done tests like:

if (some_var == undefined) some_var = [];

This is the first time Iā€™ve seen it cause an error.

I do recall things being more strict when running in node, though.

2 Likes

Great script, thank you!

1 Like

I didnā€™t know i needed this script until now, i mean wow!
I like these colours, Iā€™m really not that fond of Wanikaniā€™s color palette. I might try to make a userscript just to change them when i have time

3 Likes

Thanks! Iā€™ll look to incorporating it when I find the time!

Hmm. I tried to combat this using a timezone offset. Could you try putting new Date().getTimezoneOffset() in the console (CTRL+SHIFT+J) and see what the output is?

Color tests

To: #e25636
Not enough distinction here between the lighter colors, I think.

Trying a more even scale
Colors: #fceeaa, #fec87b, #f98f53, #e65536, #ab0927

2 Likes

That solution works because ā€œwindowā€ is an object equivalent to the global namespace (in browsers, at least), and objects donā€™t throw errors when you try to access non-existent member variables :grin:

I have seen some other object that made variables accessible in the global namespace that wasnā€™t window, but thatā€™s pretty unusual.

Interesting. Have you tried that directly in the developer console? It gives me an error, just like usual. (I was using Chromeā€™s console just now.)

Of course, if you have var some_var; somewhere in the code before that, it wonā€™t cause an error.

1 Like

Woks just fine for me in Chromeā€™s console

>wkof
{include: ʒ, ready: ʒ, load_file: ʒ, load_css: ʒ, load_script: ʒ, ā€¦}
>window.wkof
{include: ʒ, ready: ʒ, load_file: ʒ, load_css: ʒ, load_script: ʒ, ā€¦}
1 Like

Of course, you have it loaded :grin:

Try a non-existent variable like some_var

Oh, I see what you meant. Yeah, that gives me an error as well. Strange that it doesnā€™t in the scripts though.

1 Like