Ah! Everything looks different!

I’m colorblind and I like it

Just the header changed for me :thinking:

It’s one less script people have to install, and that’s progress to me. Not everyone uses scripts (I’m actually very curious how many users don’t even visit the forums % wise), so this change improved the experience to every of those users, including those coming in the future.

There are a lot of cool features that WK should implement that came from scripts. Needing 30+ scripts for Wanikani to actually feel like a very complete product is very unecessary. The less scripts, the better.

8 Likes

They rolled back the other changes

1 Like

may I ask you which script serves the github-style activity chart at the bottom?

No problem. It’s the heatmap script by yours truly

2 Likes

Thank you for listening to user feedback.

3 Likes

I agree, one shouldn’t need all these scripts, and on iOS you can’t install scripts at all, so ‘vanilla’ Wanikani should have the features most use.

As for the ‘42’, I didn’t mind it, but I understand why some people didn’t like it.

I do love the new colours though, and the red dot :red_circle: it’s consistent with modern UI, so I like that too.

1 Like

Is it just me or did the colors go back?

Oh my gosshhhhhhhh

The “Lessons” and “Reviews” buttons change color! I had 500+ lessons and the button showed up as a very jarring red. Now that I have the number down to 450~ lessons, when I refreshed the button turned dark blue.

I think there are some aesthetic issues to work out still but yes, I like this as an indicator.

5 Likes

They rolled back the color changes. The header is here to stay, though

2 Likes

The change in the logo colour from red to wanikani pink is a positive one, and makes the new header sit better on the site. There are two things I really miss, though:

1. The current level indicator
  2. The single-page list of all kanji showing progress

In addition, I’ve noticed that most third-party scripts only work about 10% of the time for me. I have to do an awful lot of refreshing to get them to show up and have not figured out yet what works to get them to display. There must have been some other fundamental changes other than redesign that has caused this. Perhaps that’s something else you’re looking into?

2 Likes

Update WKOF.

Wanikani Open Framework.

I have a (hopefully) temporary fix for this, if you’re interested

6 Likes

500 lessons aren’t scary enough on their own? :see_no_evil:

7 Likes

Nah. Too easy to ignore.

Also I’ve been in this situation what seems like a dozen times over the years and this isn’t even the worst highest lesson count.

But the return to blue is like a minor reward to look forward to! Well done me!

The 4 GIFs of grief…in the wrong order :joy:

The new interface caught me off guard!

@Chikuhitsu @fleig
logo--retro-colors-10525a0b45ed7d9bf4c9bd98e9314850cb011c392f2ba1ab58f055d9a90ff459
This’ll be the last one I do, and I went ahead and used the second edition pink one to try to keep with the dashboards overall theme. Can’t really address the body shape or text without attempting to redesign the whole logo, and as I said I’m not a digital artist, I just had some free time at my desk :joy:

As for header positioning, I can’t help you there either, I’m afraid. It’s been close to a decade since I took computer science in high school and I couldn’t code my way out of a paper bag.

4 Likes

I feel like we need a new logo thread for fun, because some of these ideas are interesting.

3 Likes

美しい〜

Apparently, now you are!

6 Likes