Heatmap Stories! (WaniKani Activity Chart)

@kumirei has made this awesome script: [Userscript] Wanikani Heatmap

It gives you a map of your activity! =D

Share you map and tell us your story about your activity (or let it speak for itself if you prefer =^_^= )

19 Likes

Current colors used (though I constantly tweak and change it :rofl: )

Older versions
V1

V2

V3

Story time! 2017- December. I fell ill, and wasn’t able to concentrate on reviews. But was hocked on leveling so kept doing level up items. You can see the downfall O_o
I was never able to catch up on my vocabs (neither reviews nor lessons)

2018 - July. Reset! All the way back to 1 (I needed a fresh start)
This time with a focus on having the coveted 0/0 each level (more if possible)
I have a 27/27 streak going!

Mid August I had a visitor, who stayed for about a month. I kept doing reviews, but no lessons (much better idea :rofl: ) And this can be seen slightly =)

2018- December, I took a similar break to not get swamped over the holidays. Worth it! Kept doing reviews only, but with no lessons there where less and less reviews!

I will do a few more of these on purpose, just get the workload down before continuing going full speed =)

Decided to include my level up chart;

Reset June 28th.
Had a visitor in August/September (stopped doing lessons on lvl 8, but kept doing reviews)
Took a break in December (stopped doing lessons on lvl 23, but kept doing reviews)

12 Likes

I, uh… I think you really want to correct that spelling error in the post title. :stuck_out_tongue:

7 Likes

Quick, before @plantron gets here

8 Likes

What error :wink:
Thanks! Don’t get “red lines” on titles :rofl:

2 Likes

so little bright tiles… right ?

:heart: @Kumirei san

6 Likes

That looks actually more consistent than I thought. :slight_smile: Only thing that really sticks out is a week in may 2018, where I used vacation mode because… I went on a vacation believe it or not. :stuck_out_tongue: It also shows that while my progress isn’t that fast any more, it’s become much more consistent lately. I mean look at that December 2018!

12 Likes

Gaps are vacation time and recover-from-vacation-while-still-in-vacation-mode time…

7 Likes

Wow!! You managed to get all same color for an entire month! That IS impressive! =D
The months around are almost same color too, just one color of in a few days. That sure is consistent! =D

*checks
Jupp, in August 2017 I have 1 whole week of same color… That is the ONLY whole week I found! So wow, very impressed!

5 Likes

I am so disappointed that I can’t get this script to work yet. Anything that uses the open framework gives me a couple of weeks of grief until I can get them running.

3 Likes

Only two days where I didn’t do any reviews, due to being sick :stuck_out_tongue:

You can also really nicely see that the workload is highest in the middle of the journey and slowly goes down towards the end!

23 Likes

Very nice and consistent too! =D

I wonder, I love dark mode on the forum, but how do you get it on the dashboard? Is it official or userscript? (I need it! D= )

3 Likes

It’s this one:

1 Like

How is this for consistency perseverance?

19 Likes

It worked even without reloading after installing! =D
Not a big fan of changing the colors, have to get used to the new ones (what is apprentice, guru ++)
Hm, I do like the colors they chose though, so seems easy enough. Thanks a bunch! =D

3 Likes

Just had a big long vacation? =P
Seems fairly consistent since you started again though, that is what matters! =D

2 Likes

You are all making me look bad. I should steal one of your screenshots for the script thread

I’ll have you know I was very consistent the first half of 2017… I promise

10 Likes

There were vacations :sailboat:… but last year in august I went on holiday without activating vacation mode. I had a nice horrifying pile of reviews when I managed to get access to Wanikani.

It’s really cool how this script allowed me to check it: 493 items on August 8, 2018. That’s a train ride back from vacation I can remember!

3 Likes

It might be nice to have a few so people can see the difference =)
You are free to use mine if you wish. (normal colored one can be found on original thread =P )

1 Like

Oh I meant to ask you guys! How do you feel about the intervals? I chose 0, 1-50, 50-100, 100-200, 200-400, 400< pretty arbitrarily

3 Likes