[Userscript] Wanikani Leaderboard

Script link:

Description

This script adds a leaderboard to your dashboard.

Get alerts of people’s level ups.

alertLevelUp

How does it work?.

Add a username and the script will automatically retrieve the level and avatar from the profile page (wanikani.com/users/theusername).

Background colors of users are determined by their ‘realm’ e.g. (pleasant, painful, death).

Users in the lv 51-60 range will have a percentage bar to show the percentage of burned items.
Other users will show their burn percentage on hover.

Additional screenshots

Leaderboard with staff accounts

Long leaderboard split over multiple tables

One table:

Two tables:

Three tables:

Requirements
The WaniKani Open Framework.

Log:

• 1.0 Initial release
  • 1.1 Sort order is now customizable, message box is now custom instead of browser alerts, wkof not installed message now references leaderboard, users who have burned 100% will get a trophy next to their name
  • 1.2 Hotfix: Sorting order wasn’t being remembered between page refreshes, now works properly.
  • 1.3 Change: Users can now be spread over multiple tables.
  • 1.4 No new/changed features, Just cleaned up the code a little, removed console.logs
  • 1.5 Hotfix: little math error causes users to go missing when using three tables disabled three tables option for now.
  • 1.6 Change: burn% now calculated with 8831 total WK items instead of 8804. Three tables option fixed and enabled.
  • 1.7 Change: July 4th WK update introduced new items, burn% will now be calculated with 8853 total WK items instead of 8831
  • 1.8 Change: July 25th WK update introduced new items, burn% will now be calculated with 8880 total WK items instead of 8853
  • 1.9 Change: leaderboard now works with new wanikani layout
  • 1.10 12/5/2021 Change: WK update introduced new items, burn% will now be calculated with 8910 total WK items instead of 8880. Added hover effect for staff accounts
  • 1.11 12/5/2021 Change: Added hover effect for more staff accounts

Note:

• This script has been tested in Tampermonkey on Chrome.
61 Likes

Awesome, now @Whologist can stalk everyone much more efficiently!

20 Likes

:eyes:

Nice script @Dani2 thanks a bunch! :smiley:

12 Likes

@Dani2 Looks like the wkof not installed message still says the script is “WaniKani Dashboard Leech List”.

1 Like

Nice script!

I’m using dark theme on firefox btw.

5 Likes

OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!

This is the script I didn’t know how much I needed :rofl:

nose

15 Likes

Nice, I like it
But Can’t you find a better way to notify for level ups? Browsers’ Alerts are always the worst

3 Likes

Not something I think I’ll be using, but I must admit, it is pretty darn cool.

3 Likes

Don’t say that out loud, people will think you have no friends

7 Likes

My poorly kept secret :cry:

13 Likes

That picture makes me want to set an avatar on WaniKani, but I’m not creating a gravatar account just for that…

8 Likes

Think I’m missing something here - how exactly does it pick which people to show in the list?

you add them by the username!

3 Likes

Let the incredibly slow race to 100% burn… begin! :snail:

5 Likes

So it’s like a race to the cake but on the main dashboard?

Haha, it would have been lots of fun some months ago, now i’m not really in need of it, but i love the concept and appreciate your effort.

thank you!

2 Likes

@Dani2 I wonder if it’s possible to balance them? Here’s my screenshot.

1 Like

I’m just gonna install it for my spying needs :eyes: Thank you! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Thanks, I will make sure to change that.

I had actually intended to use some sort of custom warning box, but encountered some difficulty (don’t even remember what difficulty, probably styling) and stuck to just browser alerts. I do still intend to put a custom warning box in however! Might get it done in the coming weeks.

There might be something i can do

I’ll see if I can add this as an option in the leech script.

1 Like

Game on :sunglasses::green_heart:

3 Likes

I find that some Avatars used for certain users are incorrect. What is causing this?
image (Using jprspereira as an example)

1 Like