Level 21 before 2021!

Reached 21 a couple of days ago. :smiley:
I definitely know a lot more now that when I first started out with WK, and it has made learning Japanese a touch easier for me. For reference, I started out as an absolute beginner back in February, just before the world went into lockdown. I didn’t even know any hiragana then.

Of course, I will still continue with WK. It has become a daily routine for me, though I’m a lot less obsessed with it now, haha. My plans are to slow down WK just a little, to perhaps 2 weeks per level, so that I have more time to spend on other aspects of the language. Listening and speaking, in particular, seem to be my weaker points.

Keep on rocking those reviews! I’ll be here cheering all of you on!

9 Likes

YAY!!! Congratulations! That’s huge! I’m so glad to see so many in this thread make it to level 21. Hope to see you in the Skytree thread!

5 Likes

Congrats on your level up!

How long do you usually take per level? There are about 7 weeks left in the year. At one week per level, you could get to level 15 before New Year. For me that would be too fast, but others have done it before. I think 10 is a nice round number so I would make my goal level 10. When you get there, see if you want to try for another level or two or if you want to work on what you have for a while. Good luck! And remember that slow and steady wins the race. No need to burn out!

5 Likes

I usually take about 9 days haha. Although today I tried doing the remaining vocab + all radicals in one session instead of taking my time with the vocab, so hopefully that will help me speed up. Once holidays starts for me — two weeks away! — I can focus on my Japanese study even more. :slightly_smiling_face: So maybe…maybe…I can reach the goal of Level 15 before the new year. I’ll just go for that anyway :joy: why not

4 Likes

Reached level 7! Not expecting to get anywhere near level 21 by year end. It’s just encouraging to me to be here in this group, and I’ve learned a lot from the chatter. :orange_heart:

9 Likes

If anyone is starting to lose motivation, I recommend using Dani2’s Userscript, which adds a leaderboard to your homepage. I added usernames of people who were around the same level as me, and try to stay number 1 :smiling_imp: I love competition, and it keeps me motivated to not give up!

6 Likes

Congrats esutasan :love_you_gesture:t2:

Absolutely :+1:

Good luck with your new semester :crossed_fingers:

4 Likes

One more step towards the goal… congrats @e_w0205 san :partying_face:

Slightly be mindful of holiday season e_w0205 san. :slightly_smiling_face:

7 Likes

おめでとう @sagittarius18 san :star_struck:

Glad to see another Durtle reach the milestone :raised_hands:t2:

A holistic approach is awesome :sunglasses: and you can always dial up or down your speed based on your needs.

7 Likes

Congrats on the level up Olligator san :confetti_ball:

Glad to have you here with us Olligator san :blush:

6 Likes

Just moved up into level 16! 21 will be close for me :slight_smile:

10 Likes

Hello, beautiful, it’s so good to finally see you!

LEVEL 21!!! This felt like such a stretch when I made this thread in March, but now I’m here. It was harder than expected, and as you can see from my number of apprentice items I have some work to do before I can start working on the lessons from level 21, but right now that doesn’t matter.

Thank you, all of you, for being here the last few months, and for makinng this a great place to give and get support in the lower levels of WaniKani. No, on to the Skytree! Onwards and upwards!

21 Likes

CONGRATULATIONS MARIFLY!!! :tada::tada::tada::confetti_ball::confetti_ball::confetti_ball::partying_face::partying_face::partying_face::fire:

Here’s where I would dump a bunch of gifs, but I’m not sure how to do so from mobile. :sweat_smile:

It’s so gratifying to see you make it to the goal you’ve set for us all! Thank you so much for starting this journey and being so encouraging along the way. I’m proud of you for starting it, fighting through, and now reaching the goal with quite a bit of time to spare! See you at the Skytree!!

10 Likes

Well done. :slight_smile: let’s meet at the top of the skytree!
So many users at the top of the ladder, that’s so cool.

8 Likes

Thanks for making this thread, really - although I personally didn’t lack much motivation, it was great to be in a community and share progress together.
I’m glad to see you reach this goal as well.

8 Likes

おめでとうございます!

As I said previously Marifly, I know for certain that I wouldn’t be at my current level now if it weren’t for you and this thread and I truly appreciate it.

Though hitting level 21 is awesome, I think you lifting so many others up to 21 is an even greater accomplishment!

:grinning: :smiley: :smile: :grin: :laughing: :slightly_smiling_face: :blush:

:+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1:

:crabigator: :crabigator: :crabigator: :crabigator: :crabigator: :crabigator: :crabigator:

8 Likes

I am late to the party, but will join! I am very low level (3) and there is not much time, so setting a lower goal.

8 Likes

I’m so happy! You’ve been such a motivating force for me on WaniKani.

Congrats!

5 Likes

おめでとうございます @Marifly さん :star2: :tada: :confetti_ball: :sparkler:

本当にありがとうございます。Thanks for initialize this thread, maintaining, and keep going this far :clap: I’m sure this thread is very helpful for a lot of people (including me).

Enjoy your level up, and keep pushing forward! :fist:

5 Likes

Congrats on the level up mikeyboy san :smiley: You can reach Level 21 before 2021 :raised_hands: Let’s go!!

tenor (15)

4 Likes