I was frustrated by all the iOS apps that are just webview wrappers for the website, so I wrote Tsurukame - it’s completely native, super fast, and it works offline.
- You can do reviews and lessons offline. Your progress will be synced when you’re online again.
- All the radical/kanji/vocab info is included in the app itself. You don’t need to wait for anything to load from the website.
- Search results load instantly, and you can search while offline.
- When you answer a review it moves to the next one immediately (or immediately shows the answer if you got it wrong).
- Graph showing when reviews will be available over the next 24 hours.
- Pie charts showing your progress on current level radicals, kanji and vocabulary - how many items are locked, available for lesson, available for review, or at Guru level.
- Options to ignore typos and add synonyms during reviews (you can disable this in settings).
- Cheerful animations when you get an answer right.
This is the first release of the app so I’d really appreciate feedback. It’s still missing some important features like similar kanji and example sentences. Also I’m sure there are a lot of user scripts that people depend on that I should add support for.