App Stuck in Loading State

Hello, this is my first time posting so please bear with me.

I use an older iPhone SE. WaniKani has worked on it for many years, and just today after trying to practice for the first time in a while, I noticed my dashboard would not load. I attempted to reinstall the app but all I receive is the spinning doge [see attached picture]. Is Wani Kani no longer supported on my phone? I am guessing that is the case… thank you

Wanikani doesn’t have an official app. Recently they stopped supporting API version 1 so it’s likely you’re using an app that hasn’t been updated to version 2. I don’t use any of the apps so I can’t guess which it is, but you might need to switch to a different one.

1 Like

Welcome to the site.

Firstly, it’s important to note that all the apps that exist are created by users.

I’m sure there are working iPhone apps you should be able to use.

Somewhere on this page there is a list of available apps. In the meantime you could check out the mobile browser version of WK.

The New And Improved List Of API and Third Party Apps

For an iPhone, you’ve more or less got two recommended options:

1 Like

And [iOS / Android / Web] Juken - Review App for WaniKani !!

I always like to promote it, since it saved me from post-60 review boredom with the Anki-style reviews.

Granted, it’s a bit more barebones, but that can be a plus, too.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.