大海原と大海原 ・Wadanohara and the Great Blue Sea Volume 2 Off-Shoot Club Home Thread (Starting Nov 20th)

Welcome to the Wadanohara Off-Shoot Book Club for Volume 2!!

wada2

This book club is for people who want to continue reading Wadanohara, which we started with the absolute beginners book club.
The homethread for the first book is located here-> Book 1 Homethread

Volume 2 Summary

Long-awaited by fans all over the world! The creator himself made a comic of the undersea pure love RPG !!

The witch “Wadanohara” has returned to her hometown of the sea with her familiars. However, the former familiar “Samekichi” stands in front of her. A cute but sad and a little dark story that is spun on the sea is complete.

Schedule

Start Date Chapter Page Numbers Page Count
Nov 20th Chp 8 7 to 24 18
Nov 27th Chp 9 27 to 44 18
Dec 4th Chp 10 47 to 64 18
Dec 11th Chp 11 65 to 80 14
Dec 18th Chp 12 81 to 98 18
Dec 25th Chp 13 101 to 118 18
Jan 8th Chp 14 119 to 138 20
Jan 15th Chp 15 139 to 156 18
Jan 22nd Chp 16 157 to 180 24
Due to holidays I scheduled 2 weeks for chapter 13!
There is a bit of bonus manga at the end again.

Where to Purchase the Book

Digital

Bookwalker (currently you can get 300 coin back until 10-27-2021 JP time)
Amazon JP

Physical
Manga Republic (copies will be very limited and shipping can take a bit)

Vocab

When Should We Start Club?
  • A week after book 1 ends (Nov 6th)
  • Two Weeks after book 1 ends (Nov 13th)
  • Three Weeks after book 1 ends (Nov 20th)
  • A month after book 1 ends (Nov 27th or later)

0 voters

Please note that if you do want to try and get a physical book that manga republic shipping can be a couple weeks 2-3 usually. (Also, sorry that it’s so hard to get a physical copy :upside_down_face:)

5 Likes

I mentioned it in the above post, but if you do want to try and get a physical copy you will want to order right away since the quantity on Manga Republic is very limited! Also, if anyone has any other links for purchasing the book let me know and I will get them added.

Please vote on when to start the club as well, so that I can get a schedule made! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I look forward to continuing the series with everyone!

1 Like

I’ll leave the poll open till tomorrow evening (Tuesday) and can have a schedule up this weekend!

It looks like two weeks after volume 1 is the winner. So we will start on Nov 20th. I’ll get a schedule up this weekend! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

edit: fixed the date :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

I just realized that I can’t count :upside_down_face: :upside_down_face: 2 weeks after volume 1 ends is Nov 20th, so we will start then!

4 Likes

The schedule is up! I did give 2 weeks for chapter 13 due to it starting on Christmas. Also, I just wanted to mention that book 2 is darker and has more fighting/ violence than volume 1. So, please take this into consideration if wanting to continue on! I will update the vocab sheet to include new tabs for volume 2 this week. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

7 Likes

Hey, I began reading the book in advance, would be happy to help start filling out vocab if someone else would set up the spreadsheet

1 Like

I should have the spreadsheet edited to include volume 2 Friday/Saturday. I can make a post when it’s done. Thank you for helping get the sheet filled out!

2 Likes

The vocab sheet has been updated to include the chapters for volume 2. A link is in the first post!

4 Likes

Since we are starting club back up tomorrow (or today depending on your time zone), I thought it would be fun to do a poll on everyone’s favorite characters thus far.

Who is your fav?
  • 大海原
  • 鮫吉
  • メモカ
  • ドルピー
  • フカミ
  • 黒巻
  • other

0 voters

1 Like

The thread for this week’s chapter (chapter 8) is up and linked in the schedule!

The thread for chapter 9 is now up! There is a link in the schedule in the first post.

1 Like

@bearytoast: Did you already set up the Chapter 10 thread? I can’t find it…

1 Like

It’s up now! I put a link in the schedule above :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

Chp 11 thread is up! The link is in the schedule.

1 Like

Chp 12 thread is up! Link in schedule post!

2 Likes

@bearytoast: Are the links to Chp 14 and 15 set up? It seems that I can’t find them…
Thanks!

1 Like

I just made a chapter 15 thread and linked it in the schedule. I totally thought I made a thread for chp 14 last week, but it seems I forgot. Since it seems some chp 14 stuff was posted in the chp 13 thread, I’m just going to make it a combined thread. Sorry for the inconvenience!!

3 Likes

It was decided to start an off-shoot book club for volume 3. Here the link for its homethread. Hope to see you there!

2 Likes