大海原と大海原 ・Wadanohara and the Great Blue Sea Volume 3 Off-Shoot Club Chapter 8 Thread

Welcome to the Wadanohara Off-Shoot Book Club for Volume 3 Chapter 8 Thread!

This book club is for people who want to continue reading Wadanohara, which we started with the absolute beginners book club.
The homethread for the first volume is located here-> Volume 1 Homethread
The homethread for the second volume is located here-> Volume 2 Homethread
The homethread for the third volume is located here-> Volume 3 Homethread

Volume 3 Summary

Long-awaited by fans all over the world! The creator himself made a comic of the undersea pure love RPG !!

The Sea Empire, the birthplace of the sea witch “Wadanohara”, has been invaded by the Totsusa Empire. But when the Princess of the Sea Empire is attacked by the Princess of the Usagi Empire, she is forced to fight back - but after much thought, the two are reconciled.
Far away, Samekichi, a former familiar of Wadanohara, is thinking: “I’m sure I’ll be able to protect you.”
What is the true meaning of Samekichi’s thought?
Now, all the truth will be revealed.

Schedule

Start Date Chapter Page Numbers Page Count
Feb 5th Chapter 1 2 to 32 31
Feb 12th Chapter 2 36 to 56 21
Feb 19th Chapter 3 60 to 86 27
Feb 26th Chapter 4 90 to 118 29
Mar 5th Chapter 5 122 to 148 27
Mar 12th Chapter 6 152 to 174 23
Mar 19th Chapter 7 178 to 196 19
Mar 26th Chapter 8 200 to 226 27
Apr 2nd Chapter 9 230 to 250 21
Apr 9th Chapter 10 254 to 280 27
Apr 16th Last Chapter 284 to 320 37

There are two bonus pages at the end of each chapter, which I did not include in the page count.

Please note: There are no page numbers, so I simply assigned them starting from the first page.

Where to read the book

This volume is ONLY available online at pixiv.net. Here are the links to all chapters:

Vocab

RULES, How to contribute to this vocab sheet: The more people contribute to the vocab sheet the more helpful it is for everyone, so please don’t feel shy about adding to it!

Participants

How is your reading going?
  • I’m reading with the schedule
  • I’m a bit behind
  • I’m gonna catch up later
  • I’m no longer reading

0 voters

1 Like

4 Likes
Read this if the flashback scenes confuse you

I’m just going to preemptively post this explanation here, because IMO the flashback scenes in this chapter are kind of hard to understand if you don’t already know what’s going on.

To start off: Samekichi and Syake-san are brothers.

The shark lady at the top right is their aunt, not their mother. Their mother died (which is why Samekichi is visiting a grave) and their aunt took care of them after that.

At some point after that, Syake-san ran away and Samekichi went to try to find him.

Samekichi eventually did find his brother, but Syake-san pretended not to know who he was. Samekichi basically avoided confronting him up until the events of the story, although he regrets not doing it sooner.

6 Likes

Finished this week’s chapter! It certainly was an intersting one! :smiley: @Shunrin: Thanks for explaining the flashback! It was quite helpful! :grin:
I only have one minor questions this week:

Page 222

Page 222

I’m not sure how to interpret the first part here. 敵を見誤る. The vocab sheet lists 見誤る as to mistake for someone else. So I was wondering: Do the enemies mistake Wadanohara for someone else or does Wadanohara mistake her enemies for someone else? I’m also generally not quite sure what she means by that. First I was thinking maybe she is referring to Samekichi, since he is mistaken for an enemy by all but Wadanohara. But as I just mentioned: Wadanohara is right about him, so she is not mistaken. I also thought that maybe this is a vague hint that things are not as they seem? Or, alternatively, I was thinking that her enemies mistake Wadanohara for her father which is why the witch then suggests that Wadanohara needs to follow her own way.

Thanks to everyone for always filling the vocab sheet and answering my questions! I really appreciate it! :pray:

2 Likes
page 222

You can’t ignore the な at the end of the sentence here because it represents the verb conjugation. Infinitive form + な is the informal negative command form. The sentence is ‘Do not mistake your enemy’. It’s pretty clear from context that the command is directed at Wadanohara.

5 Likes

The thread to Chapter 9 is up!

1 Like

I know I am a bit late but…

I don't understand the reference

dolphin

Btw, thanks to you guys( especially @Wizz for questions and @Shunrin for answers & explanations) even months later I can enjoy this series. :heart:

1 Like

Welcome to the club! :smiley: I believe it is just a reference to an envisioned future of this little bonus chapter. It has nothing to do with the actual story. In this bonus strip Dorupi wants to become stronger (because he is always weak and frightened) and he get trained by Tsukuami. In this last picture we see Dorupi all strong and fancy. I think the different hair styles of everyone imply that a lot of time has passed. But again - this didn’t actually happen in the story.

2 Likes