WaniKani Improve makes your review session faster and smarter.
To go faster on my reviews, I used to press the ENTER key twice after every answer sent, it became automatic. The problem is, after sending a wrong answer, without thinking I would press the ENTER key twice, moving to the next item without checking the right answer or mnemonic. WaniKani Improve fixes the problem. Check the features! After using it, I’m sure that you will not want to go back to the old way.
Feedback and bug reports are welcome. Feel free to edit, customize and do anything you want with the script. Let me know if you find it useful
DownloadThe script is hosted at userscripts.org, if you use GreaseMonkey, Tampermonkey or another similar extension, just visit http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/174135 and install.
If you’re running an older version, you can just visit the link above and install again, that will overwrite your version with the new one.
- auto forward to the next item if the answer was correct;
- adds an extra button to display previous item information;
- the previous item information is displayed in a nice popup (qTip2 );
- if your answer for the previous item was slightly off but accepted, the button will be colored yellow, so you can check what was wrong if you want to;
- if the previous item has alternative meanings or readings, the button will be colored blue;
- little popup information when an item has leveled up (apprentice, guru, master, enlightned, burned);
- after every right answer in sequence your combo increases, and your record is registered. Compete with yourself to get the high score! (this info is not carried over other browsers and systems, it’s not registered in a database, so cleaning your browser cache will clean that information too. This has no meaning at all and will not influence your items queue or progress, it’s just for fun);
- Synonyms were not displaying in the “previous item tooltip” after completing it;
I can only test when I have reviews to do, and I can only test the response for wrong answered items when I answer something wrong, so please be patient. If you’ve found a bug and know how to fix it, share with us and I’ll update the script