Script: Cleverflow - A stronger, faster, harder, better way to reviews

thenn42 said...
Jatacid said... Try modding the script so that it plays as soon as the item is shown, rather than after you've answered it.

That way you're hearing it as part of the question, and not part of the answer.

I'm a UI genius.  I should get a career in UI haha :P /ego
I don't want to bruise your ego but that would give you the answer ^^

Edit: The audio problem is completely solved with Psycoder's script anyway : )
 Haha I'm an idiot ^_^ 

I was thinking of some anki decks where they just play the audio and you have to guess the meaning :P

Ok, so the auto-next is too slow for me. What’s the link for the script for the back button only? Which thread was it in again?

Also, I still get audio in chrome, but it gets cut off [sometimes] if you go to the next item too quickly. This has always happened for me, even when manually next’ing.

EskimoJo said... Ok, so the auto-next is too slow for me. What's the link for the script for the back button only? Which thread was it in again?

Also, I still get audio in chrome, but it gets cut off [sometimes] if you go to the next item too quickly. This has always happened for me, even when manually next'ing.
Back button only script: /t/userscript-make-the-back-button-display-the-previous-items-info-during-reviews/2520/1

But if the auto-next is too slow for you, you can try to change the timer variable(at the beginning of the script) from 500 (in ms) to something lower like 250 (if you choose a timer too short, it won't work).
Also, Psycoder's script should fix the audio issue but you have to wait for the audio to play before moving on to the next question.
Otherwise, the only reason it's not instantaneous is the time it takes to load the next question, you shouldn't be able to go faster by pressing enter.

thenn42 said...
EskimoJo said... Ok, so the auto-next is too slow for me. What's the link for the script for the back button only? Which thread was it in again?

Also, I still get audio in chrome, but it gets cut off [sometimes] if you go to the next item too quickly. This has always happened for me, even when manually next'ing.
Back button only script: /t/userscript-make-the-back-button-display-the-previous-items-info-during-reviews/2520/1

But if the auto-next is too slow for you, you can try to change the timer variable(at the beginning of the script) from 500 (in ms) to something lower like 250 (if you choose a timer too short, it won't work).
Also, Psycoder's script should fix the audio issue but you have to wait for the audio to play before moving on to the next question.
Otherwise, the only reason it's not instantaneous is the time it takes to load the next question, you shouldn't be able to go faster by pressing enter.

Yeah, I bumped the timer up for the sake of the audio (I needed to make sure that the page had a chance to recognize that audio was available).  If you are not going to use the feature that plays the audio, then you can set that timer much lower (though I probably wouldn't go below 200).

Why did it take a ruler as smart and cool as myself this long to find this?
throws thanks at you

Just tested it for the first time. BEST THING EVER

Apraxas said... Just tested it for the first time. BEST THING EVER
 It's pretty amazing ay ^_^ I hope more people give this a try.

I updated front page with the other versions of the script for those still interested in playing around with it.
thenn42 said...

Oh right! Hmmm, dilemma, dilemma... Love the audio, but the original script was way too slow. Meh! Most things don't have audio anymore now anyway. Re-adding the auto-next!
EskimoJo said...
thenn42 said...

Oh right! Hmmm, dilemma, dilemma... Love the audio, but the original script was way too slow. Meh! Most things don't have audio anymore now anyway. Re-adding the auto-next!
 Try the updated script on the main page.  it's 200ms with audio and it works for me very smoothly except on longer pronunciations.

But, yeah, like you said, the majority don't have audio so it's really just a memory prompt hearing the first few ms of it haha.

Hey, Jatacid ~

First I want to thank you for sharing your script. I liked so much, that I felt like changing it a bit (I’m extra lazy, so you know that I really liked your script). The modified script can be found here: http://pastebin.com/1iN4rh3e

WK can change the layout (class/IDs) any time, so I didn’t put much effort into it. As we say here in Brazil, I made it “nas coxas” LOL

Changes:

• dropped hotkeys description to show a “Loading” message. I miss it a lot when WK is slow and I don’t know if I didn’t pressed the ENTER key hard enough or the ajax response is taking some tea;
  • added back the hiragana tab;
  • added the tab that will display  the previous item info;
  • the previous item info will not open in a new window, it will show up in a convenient popup;
PS: I disabled the sound in WK settings, so I didn’t tested with audio enabled. Also, I use Firefox and didn’t tested with any other browser… gyahaha #ultralazy

Stopped working :frowning:

Seiji, I’m using your version, do you think you could make it work again? Thanks!

Though, I wouldn’t mind any version of this to work with the new reviews…

Satoshi said... Stopped working :(

Seiji, I'm using your version, do you think you could make with work again? Thanks!

Thought, I wouldn't mind any version of this to work with the new reviews...
I was using Seiji's version too so I tried to fix it for the client side reviews.

However, I just can't figure out how to get the radicals' name (The item's info isn't loaded until you press f or the button in the new reviews system).
So, here's an updated version of Seiji's script that should work for everything but radicals.(I removed the "loading" message because reviews are pretty much instantaneous now)

http://pastebin.com/Bx2HHceq

I will try to find an (efficent)  solution (or maybe somebody else will, hopefully ^^).
thenn42 said...I was using Seiji's version too so I tried to fix it for the client side reviews.

However, I just can figure out how to get the radicals' name (The item's info isn't loaded until you press f or the button in the new reviews system).
So, here's an updated version of Seiji's script that should work for everything but radicals.(I removed the "loading" message because reviews are pretty much instantaneous now)

http://pastebin.com/Bx2HHceq

I will try to find an (efficent)  solution (or maybe somebody else will, hopefully ^^).
Thanks! If you fix it completely great, if not it's no big deal since radicals are rare anyway. I'll test it in about 10 minutes, hopefully it'll work for me.

EDIT: It works great! Thanks for the fix! 

Hi guys.  True to my style, I’ve consolidated a bunch of versions that have been floating around.

/t/WaniKani-Improve-222-—-faster-and-smarter-reviews/2858/1 - Seiji’s had a nice item viewing ability but auto forward didn’t work for me for some reason.
Combined that with the older versions of this to get something that should work for now.

I gave a test run and the ‘last item’ works but sometimes if you get the answer wrong it doesn’t work.
I guess that kind of makes sense since it doesn’t auto-forward when you’re wrong so you have time to review it yourself without cheating on the next item.
Audio won’t work I don’t think, I haven’t tested it.

If you manage to update or tweak something let us know and I can try put it on the main script for everyone.

Cheers! Thanks to all the devs who actually wrote all this stuff - I’ve only copy-pasted and combined the code.  I’ve updated main post to give some more credit.  Nice teamwork! :stuck_out_tongue:

Anyone tested it? :D 

It works :slight_smile:

I know that if you use the WK mechanism to autoplay the audio it will work but I couldn’t get used to it.  My problem was that the audio would play but the screen would have already moved to the next item so you are looking at the new item while listening to the last one.  This didn’t go well with how I associate the audio with the kanji.

So as you might expect, I tweaked the latest script to control the playing of the audio (if you want audio you should enable it in either my version of this script or the WK settings but not both).  The big difference is that if you let my version of the script control it, it will wait on the kanji while the audio is playing before switching to the next item.

Anyway, here is the modified version of the script with audio support: http://pastebin.com/9Z6hM5jg

Psycoder said... I know that if you use the WK mechanism to autoplay the audio it will work but I couldn't get used to it.  My problem was that the audio would play but the screen would have already moved to the next item so you are looking at the new item while listening to the last one.  This didn't go well with how I associate the audio with the kanji.

So as you might expect, I tweaked the latest script to control the playing of the audio (if you want audio you should enable it in either my version of this script or the WK settings but not both).  The big difference is that if you let my version of the script control it, it will wait on the kanji while the audio is playing before switching to the next item.

Anyway, here is the modified version of the script with audio support: http://pastebin.com/9Z6hM5jg

Good work Psy kitten.
I don't use the Audio myself, I find it's annoying and distracting, thus I never got around to testing that side of it. Good onya!

I believe the script still works after the new updates but I did have to change the included URL from http://www.wanikani.com/review to http://www.wanikani.com/review/session (I just changed the @include header comment in the script and restart the reviews and everything seems to be working).

In case anyone else still wants to use this, here is an updated version: http://pastebin.com/RpykTT3i

Since the quickview page no longer displays, the last item info now opens in a background tab.