Item List Filter (for Self-Study Quiz)
A filter for creating a list of specific items to quiz on.
Other things you need:
NOTE: When setting up a list of items to quiz on, it is important to understand how these filters work, because they have a slightly non-intuitive behavior:
Suppose you want to quiz on a set of vocabulary. When you enable the [Vocabulary List] and specify your vocab items, it will remove all vocabulary except the ones you specified. (Duh, right?). But… it DOES NOT remove any kanji or radicals from the quiz, so you will still have all kanji and radicals in your quiz unless you also check “Vocabulary” in the [Item Type] filter.
Essentially, the filters do this:
- Radical List - If the item is a radical and it’s not in the specified list of radicals, remove it.
- Kanji List - If the item is a kanji and it’s not in the specified list of kanji, remove it.
- Vocabulary List - If the item is vocabulary and it’s not in the specified list of vocabulary, remove it.
So, suppose you want to quiz yourself on:
- Vocab: 大きい and 小さい
- Kanji: 大 and 小
- Radicals: -none-
Then you would:
- Enable the [Vocabulary List] filter and add the two vocab words.
- Enable the [Kanji List] filter and add the two kanji.
- Enable the [Item Type] filter and check both Kanji and Vocabulary (and leave Radicals unchecked).