Download the script here:
This is a collection of filters from Item Inspector and Self-Study Quiz with three major common points.
- They use kanji information from the Kanjidic2 file
- They introduce traditional radicals as an item type separate from the Wanikani radicals.
- Some of them implement complex functionality with elaborate configuration dialogs. This makes them suitable for complex search and/or filtering on Wanikani items.
In addition to this data the two stroke count filters use stroke count data for Wanikani radicals.
These filters are fully functional in Item Inspector. In Self Study Quiz they are somewhat limited because Self-Study Quiz cannot quiz you on traditional radicals. The filters will work to the extent they are not selecting traditional radicals. For example filtering all kanji that uses the radical arrow will work because Self Study Quiz can quiz you on kanji. But filtering all traditional radicals found in the kanji 能 will not work because traditional radicals are filtered.
The following filters are provided:
- Stroke Count >=
- Stroke count <=
- Extensive Search: Searches characters, meanings and reading for WK items and traditional radicals. Searches kanji information in both WK and Kanjidic2.
- Advanced Search: A Swiss army knife of searches. Can find information in characters, meanings, readings, mnemonics, hints, context sentences, allow and block lists, part of speech, reading and meaning notes, user synonyms, semantic-phonetic data. There are more features not mentioned here.
- Related Search: Searches items based on relation ships, like components found in items, items found using components, various types of visually similar kanji and semantic-phonetic relationships.
- Explicit List: A filter that explicitly whitelist items.
- Explicit Block: A filter that explicitly list items to be barred from showing up.
Note to developers
You should use
wkof.wait_state('advSearchFilters', 'ready') .to wait for the completion of the filters initialization.
This code is dual licensed under the MIT license and the GPLV3. Portions are written by @rfindley and are available under MIT license only., Other portions are written by @acm2010 and are available under GPLV3 only.
It is available on github
Data License Information
- The KANJIDIC project files are released under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike Licence (V3.0) License Information The Licence Deed can be viewed here, and the full Licence Code is here.
Traditional Radicals uses information from the following sources:
Wikipedia Kangxi radical page
Available under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License;
The link to the original kradfile-u doesn’t work anymore. You can get this file here
Complete licensing details about Kanjidic2 and kradfile-u are available here
The WK_radicals.json.compressed file is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 4.0 license. Creative Commons — Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International — CC BY-SA 4.0 This data was manually copied from the Kanji Stroke Order font for the radicals characters. When no font for a radical existed the stroke count was extracted from the font for a kanji using the character.
Version 1.1.0 - Adds stroke count data for Wanikani radicals.
Version 1.0.1 - Original Release