Over on the Leech Squashing thread I let folks try out this little script I’ve been noodling around with, and the discussion has sort of gotten too large, so I’m posting a new topic here so we can have discussion about the script more specifically. I’ll fill in more stuff here if/when I have more time.
I just added some helpful loading indicators so people aren’t just sitting around so much anymore. Also, I added a retry/backoff so if the API does fail to respond, you’ll get a second, third, and fourth chance at it. Each time the pause doubles.
Here’s a list of stuff I might add at a later date, feel free to suggest more stuff:
- Hover on item gives meaning/reading
- –HTTP retry-- DONE
- –Feedback indicating what has loaded-- DONE
- Indication of sorted column
- Put it into github
- Load more items button
- Sorting fallback and simplification
- Somehow get the mnemonics and add them to the chart
- Subtract from streak to weight score away from new items
- Load should sort on last selected sort column
- Combined R + M score
- Link to item page
- Add a refresh button