What do you want now? (Request extensions here)

Is there a script that allows me to cheat the SRS and put things that I’m not supposed to be learning right now in my lessons? Like 飲, that’s something I need to learn RIGHT NOW because of circumstances but I haven’t reached it yet

(…Let’s just say I couldn’t wait until level 10 to start ;-; )

not helping within WK, but you can put it into Anki (or another SRS). sooner or later you’ll need to supplement WK for vocab anyways :wink:
(i started a separate Anki vocab deck in early WK stages as well)

1 Like

The API doesn’t let programmer to unlock items before their time is due, so I doubt such a script is possible. The closest you can get is Self-Study Quiz with the Item List Filter. This will quiz you on items of your choosing but there will no scheduling of reviews. The quiz will come when you manually trigger it.

Are there any userscripts that show a current-level vocab progress bar or percentage on the dashboard? The closest I’ve seen so far was the suggestion from a year ago to use Item Inspector to add a table of current level vocab to the dashboard, but I’m looking for something more for gauging how much vocab I have left in a level.

1 Like

again probably not helping, but Flaming Durtles for Android has it (excellent app, also has Anki mode):

1 Like

The app I’m using right now (Tsurukame for ios) has it too and it’s definitely useful! I’m looking for something for the desktop site since I use it more often, but thanks

5 Likes

This is perfect thanks! :star_struck:

2 Likes

There seem to be an issue, it doesn’t appear on the dashboard at all. Is it just me?

2 Likes

do you have the Wanikani Open Framework installed and loading first before this script?

It’s the first one in this list so I assume it’s the first one loading too

1 Like

yup, alright. just checking. Maybe search for / report that error in the script’s thread?

There’s also Levels Overview Plus, which is not as direct, but can also give you concrete info when you click on the levels button, then an individual level.

2 Likes

Good alternative :eyes: :sparkles: Thank you! :grin:

so many scripts, totally forgot about this one

I think I found the answer:

2 Likes

The overview script just updates the levels overview popup. The script that redoes the individual level screen with more concrete SRS breakdown is this one. Although I have considered merging them

2 Likes

Does anyone know if there exists a user script that gives mnemonics for all kanji in terms of kanji from earlier levels? I think that would make it easier for me to tell similar kanji apart.

don’t know if it was the same issue, but this update worked for me

2 Likes

Yes, I incorporated some fixes from @rwesterhof including that :wink:

P.S. Sorry that we’re pinging you to death about my script.

2 Likes

No, that would need a completely new mnemonic system. There are some userscripts that give other mnemonics, but some of them don’t work well anymore (KanjiDamage mnemonics, community mnemonics).

To tell similar kanji apart, the best way i’ve found is to just follow WK’s teaching method and look at the individual radicals, and make a (unique) story out of them. It’s a big difference whether it’s tsunami stand (WaniKani / Kanji / 泣) or rice stand (WaniKani / Kanji / 粒). Either you stand there crying a river (tsunami), or you stand in a field of grains. For example. And if you don’t want to use such a system, you’ll just get used to telling similar kanji apart over time anyways.

1 Like

Thanks, it’s just that creating my own mnemonics would take time which I don’t quite feel like sparing. I guess like you suggest, just getting used to it with the help of reading practice seems like the best strategy for now.