[Userscript] Dashboard Level Progress Detail. update to broken script

Greasyfork: https://greasyfork.org/en/scripts/372302-wanikani-dashboard-level-progress-detail

Edit: You must have Installing Wanikani Open Framework properly installed.

Hey people, this updates the script at [Unsupported] Userscript: Dashboard Level Progress Detail (srs stages on progress bars) to use WK Open Framework instead of hitechbunny’s backend server. Long story short, hitechbunny had a server to make API calls to instead of the WK API directly, and that returned a JSON object, so my addition rebuilds the JSON object from the WKOF library and the WK API.

It also includes some misc updates I made a while ago:

• Marker at 90% is better looking exists at all (wow I forgot that the original didn’t actually have a 90% marker in the pictures) - 90% marker will show the number and have the line lined up to the right spot
  • Adjustment to deciding which bars are shown above current level’s - a bar will be shown if the 90% guru mark hasn’t been hit or 100% of the items haven’t been at least learned

In this picture, my mouse is hovering over the bar to make the “Apprentice II (5/31)” popup.

Most of hitechbunny’s main frontend work is intact, since I don’t know how to make that stuff.

If there’s any other parts of the script I should change, or stuff I should add to this post or the greasyfork page, let me know. I don’t know too much, I just figured it out by googling.

The New And Improved List Of API and Third Party Apps
[Unsupported] Userscript: Dashboard Level Progress Detail (srs stages on progress bars)
The New And Improved List Of API and Third Party Apps

Thank you so much for this! It’s one of my favorite scripts and I’ve been hoping somehow it might get to work again. Thanks so much!!!

Many thanks for this.

Thank you so much. I wanted this script to be fixed so badly so I’m glad to see it being done well. I updated it and it seemed to work for me because of seeing the 90% marker, but it still shows the old information from when the servers stopped, being a level behind me. I don’t know if it’s broken or just not updated the displayed information but either way there’s a problem there. Hopefully you can fix it because as it is it’s basically not working for me.

None of the userscripts seem to work for me… instead I get an error log:
TypeError: global.wkof is undefined
I guess somehow the Framework is not working for me…
Is there something I can do about it?
Firefox & Greasemonkey is up to date.

Thanks for the script!
You may want to remove/update console.logs around line 115.
level_list[15] may break the script

Hey there. I don’t know for sure how to fix this because it worked instantly to overwrite the old cached data for me, but maybe it’s something with your Wanikani Open Framework installation? Installing Wanikani Open Framework Make sure WKOF is at the top of your userscripts list.

Yuuup whoops, should be good now.

Yay! Thank you so much!