It’s a userscript that adds context sentences to your vocabulary reviews!
Also, first (real) post from a long time lurker. Yay!
There have been numerous posts on how to install usercript clients at this point, so I’ll assume you can figure that out
I found myself never paying much attention to the context sentences that WaniKani supplies. By showing them with the vocab, the experience of studying becomes much closer to how one would encounter the words in real life.
If you find any problems, let me know and I’ll do my darnedest to fix them.
Thanks @obskyr for explaining jStorage!
- Initial release.
- Started replacing vocab with regex split term.
- Fixed sentence randomization bug.
- Fixed regex search bug (by removing regex haha).
- Context sentences for verbs are now ommited (until a conjugation solution is figured out).
- Removed superfluous logs.
- Enhanced appearance of example sentences.
- Added vocab highlighting.
- Removed script from lessons screen.
- Force old styling when a context sentence can’t be loaded.
- Added experimental verb conjugation.
- Smoothed sentence loading glitches.
- Fixed script compatibility issue by less destructively setting values in html.
- Fixed issue where vocab with ‘〜’ not being parsed correctly.
- Removed ‘experimental conjugation’ flag.
- Fixed issue where context div wasn’t being hidden during kanji and radical reviews.
- Fixed styles for users not running the Jitai script (whoops, lol)
- Fixed code not running due to race condition if vocab appeared right as reviews start.
- Gracefully failing when running into a conjugated adjective.
- Changed script to run at document end. (Fixed odd behavior in Firefox)