No progression past the radicals? What am I doing wrong?

It’s sort of odd (imo) that they don’t show you what level of Apprentice or Guru items have reached. But! There are scripts for that, if you’re interested. :slight_smile:

For showing the breakdowns inside of Apprentice and Guru, you can use [Userscript] WaniKani Dashboard SRS and Leech Breakdown or [Userscript] (Yet another) WK dashboard individual SRS totals. For seeing your radical and kanji (and vocab!) progress broken down by apprentice levels (instead of showing no progress until guru), there’s [Userscript] Dashboard Level Progress Detail. update to broken script or [Userscript] Dashboard Progress Plus. To see which level of Apprentice or Guru an item is reaching during reviews, there’s [Userscript] WaniKani Show Specific SRS Level in Reviews.

(For once you have more than one batch of items you’re working on, I’d also strongly recommend [Userscript]: WaniKani Ultimate Timeline for seeing upcoming reviews. This is perhaps the most agreed upon quality-of-life script there is.)

For more tips about using WaniKani (such as timing of lessons and reviews towards achieving your goals) and about some of the good scripts, you should check out jprspereira’s My Journey of 368 days (+ The Ultimate Guide for WK 📖 )!

3 Likes