[UserScript] Better Progress Bar

Hi!
Saw a post earlier about the fact, that the progress bar on the wanikani page is kinda… weird. Usually You have it at 0 and then it suddenly jumps up in a few reviews at most then it goes back to 0. It would be better if it went up gradually actually showing some progress being made. So that’s what I did.

Introducing “WaniKani - Better Progress Bar”. It tracks the number of SRS stages you’ve completed and rescales the progress bar based on that:

Link to the userscript itself: WaniKani - Better Progress Bar

Attention:
This script requires WKOF to work.
Install instructions can be found here

7 Likes

Good script!

2 Likes

Accidentally left in the wrong URL to run on, which meant it didn’t run on for example www.wanikani.com/dashboard. Now that’s fixed

1 Like

There is also this one.

изображение

1 Like

That adds a bunch of other bars, I just change this one. It’s the simpler version for those that just want to see their progress but not change the dashboard in a huge way.

1 Like

I installed this script, and it’s running according to Tampermonkey, but I get this in the console:

Hint: I haven’t done any lessons for my current level yet…

Huh, so that can be null, will go ahead and fix that up later in the evening, thanks for the report

1 Like

Yeah, feels like a bit of an unfortunate API design, but it seems to be that way…

EDIT: Actually it’s undefined, which is different from null in JavaScript :rofl:

1 Like

Published an update, the issue was, that locked items don’t have assignments assigned to them. Also just included a different change for if you have no items left (really don’t know what happens past 60, this is a precaution against that)

1 Like

Hmmm, Greasyfork still shows me Ver. 0.1.1 (which still produces the error)? Maybe something went wrong in the update process?

Odd, I swear I copied the right thing, now it should be actually fixed

I find the Greasyfork UI to be somewhat… unintuitive, so don’t worry too much about it :woman_shrugging:

Anyways, now it works for me:

Thanks for the cool script and the speedy patch! :+1:

1 Like