Re Zero book club home thread

I don’t know? I usually vote in the poll saying I am reading along and then I start reading.
(Maybe I’m just too much of a Loyal Good type character)

4 Likes

But if you start reading before the poll, you can vote that you’re ahead. :grimacing:

2 Likes

But it feels wrong! I don’t want to be ahead!
Woe is me!

2 Likes

I usually start reading on the day the schedule says(so Mondays for re:zero) regardless of when the topics are posted(well, not for all the book clubs, I’m not fast enough to read all the ones that start on Saturday on the same day while also reading some SAO, but then that’s because I’m reading other books and not because I’m waiting)

5 Likes

hum… yeah so hum… I kinda forget to do the topic. I’m gonna do it now. Srry for it I was sure I did it for some reason.

1 Like

New week is up sorry for been late

4 Likes

I know that i’m kinda late to ask this but I was wondering. Right now there is 20 volume of Re zero out without counting the ova. This could take some time to read them all and might get long after a while. I was thinking, if people wants, we could transform this thread into a dual reading. For exemple we read Rero volume 1 then Konosuba volume then Re zero volume 2 etc. This could create a kind of fresh breeze of change. I’m thinking of Konosuba because it’s close to Re zero and both of the author make reference to the other but it could be something else.

Another option could be to take a bigger break from time to time but I fear that would kill the thread.

I’m thinking about doing this because we will have a face past and we will increase in speed with each book. We are already only 8 left reading with 2 behind so… If they don’t like the second book they will be able to catch up while the other can continue at a good speed while changing style. I know this bookclub can be a huge time and energy investment so I was thinking it could be nice for people only reading re zero or the other to have some air and if you will read both it will give you some variety. If we do all volume in one go it might block some people from reading other things and since people mentioned Konosuba but I never saw any bookclub about it. I could just do another bookclub about it but I’m scared people would just be too busy to go. I would be happy if you could tell me wha you think about this idea. I’m not even sure myself about it but I thought I could just ask and see where it goes. I don’t especialy mind if you are against or for it. just thought that people might get tired of reading the 20 volume in a row.

Since this club is nothing without you here I will do a poll about it. I’m not sure I will get lot of support for it but hey worth the try.

• Only Re zero all the way
  • Re Zero and another

0 voters

I was wondering something else how many people are actually reading this thread? And since voting is easier and less stressful than actually writing.

• I read this thread and read the book
  • I read this thread but do not read
  • I read this thread and plan to start reading soon
  • I read this thread and plan to read later on

0 voters

Lastly i’m sure I don’t think I need to say it but whatever the result of the poll are I highly recommend starting to order Re Zero volume 2 to be ready if we start in 2-3 weeks. Hope to see you all for the next book.

2 Likes

So, I didn’t vote in your first poll since I do not have a strong opinion about it.
I’m reading other books on the side, so I have enough variety already if we chose to just keep going with that one series.
On the other hand, while I do like it and plan to keep on reading, I’m not so crazy about the story that I need to read more right this instant. So taking time to read another series in between is fine too. :woman_shrugging:

One thing, though. I’ve been pretty much living under a rock my whole life when it comes to light novels and anime. The only thing I’ve heard about Konosuba is that there’s a part where they are stealing panties?!? Honestly, I don’t really like “fan service” and the like, so I’d rather avoid that series if it involves stuff like that :confused:

4 Likes

Don’t worry, it also includes a character getting drunk from time to time. :unamused:

I didn’t like the Konosuba anime because of the fanservice, and the jokes just didn’t hit for me.

Except for Megumin. She was awesome.

3 Likes

I also didn’t vote for the first poll because I don’t really feel one way or the other (I already read all currently out Konosuba volumes, so I wouldn’t be reading along).

It does have a fair amount of fan service, so I’d say you’re making the right call.

5 Likes

Ooookay. Well.

1 Like

I see that there is not a lot of fan of Konosuba. I mean it doesn’t have to be Konosuba though that was just a sugestion. But I do get why it can be hard to answer it. I mean I just thought about it but if you guys are okay with going only Re Zero and reading other books on the side(which mean other bookclub or personal ones) it’s good too. I was just thinking that since we are only 8 people reading it and 2 are behind, I didn’t wanted to loss too many people because we are reading 20 volume back to back. :stuck_out_tongue:

So then just wondering:
Do you have the intention of reading all the Re Zero volume with the bookclub?

• Yes
  • No
  • I plan to read them all but not at the same pace

0 voters

2 Likes

Right, and I think alternating books can be good indeed.
I just know nothing and thus cannot make any suggestion, though.

2 Likes

To be fair, that was 50% fan rate out of 4 people :stuck_out_tongue: not that bad.

2 Likes

先輩 I was wondering when you vote for I plan to read them but not at the same pace. I guess you meant faster right?

I feel betrayed :sob: Stay with us

Just kidding :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2 Likes

That is what I mean, sorry :upside_down_face:

I’m still reading the threads and doing the reading aloud if we’ll do that, though (and if I can actually wake up :laughing:).

But I chose that option mostly because I have no idea what I’m going to do. I’ll start reading volume 2 either whenever I feel like it or when the club does, and I may or may not read ahead when the time comes.

6 Likes

And here I was hoping we’d be reading the short story collections and Ex volumes too(especially the Ex ones) :sweat_smile:

But don’t worry, I’ll just read them on my own when we get there if we don’t do them with the club.

Oh, and with the pace this author writes at I’m guessing it’ll be more than 20 volumes by the time we get there :slight_smile:

And regarding konosuba I voted for only re:zero because: 1. I’m already reading Konosuba and 2. Some of the kinds of jokes in Konosuba (I like Megumin a lot though)

Because of the second point, and also because Konosuba is way easier than re: zero, maybe it’d make more sense to read one of the other two non re:zero series that were in isekai Quartet if we want variety? (That said, I’d personally prefer sticking to one series to get through it faster, especially since I’m already also reading SAO so I’m already reading something else too)

4 Likes

I’m fine with KonoSuba btw, if my 2 円 count :man_shrugging:

That leaves one series unaccounted for, though? What is it?

2 Likes

Isekai Quartet is a comedy-ish crossover anime between Konosuba, Re:Zero, Overlord, and 幼女戦記, so actually two series that hadn’t been mentioned :slight_smile:

(Me mentioning SAO was separate from me mentioning Isekai Quartet)

3 Likes