Re Zero Volume 1 Week 9

Re Zero Volume 1 Week 9

Re Zero Home Thread

Start Date: August 26
Previous Chapter: Re Zero Volume 1 Week 8
Next Chapter: Re zero Volume 1 After book discussion

Week 9 Readind Until the end

Word lists - Learn the vocabulary for Re Zero!

Reading aloud

Time: Saturday 10 PM(Japan), 9 AM(USA), 3PM Europe.

Discord link : Discord

Discussion Rules

• Please use spoiler tags for major events in the current chapter(s) and any content in future chapters.
  • When asking for help, please mention the chapter and page number. Also mention what version of the book you are reading.
  • Don’t be afraid of asking questions, even if they seem embarassing at first. All of us are here to learn.
  • To you lurkers out there: Join the conversation, it’s fun! :durtle_vin:
  • I’m reading along
  • I’m still reading the book but I haven’t reached that part yet
  • I’m no longer reading the book
  • I already read that part

0 voters

5 Likes

:skull: :fire:

5 Likes

Just finished the book. Interesting!
I wondered how the author would keep Felt in the story. Just make her a lost heir or something :stuck_out_tongue: Didn’t expect Emilia to be royalty, though, since she seems to be some kind a pariah? Based on the first run and the fact she called herself Satella at the time :thinking: not really sure, but I guess the next books will bring answers!

5 Likes

One book down, another 19-26+ to go! Alright, maybe that’s not the most motivating way of putting it

Anyway, I finished the book. This was one of the things I wanted to read when I started learning Japanese, so it’s nice to actually have read the first volume now :slight_smile:

Oh, and more of ラインハルト, nice. Even if he didn’t really do anything special this time, which I guess makes sense since it’s the epilogue. I think his parts were the biggest improvement over what I remember from the anime in the parts covered by the first volume :slightly_smiling_face: I won’t comment any more stuff than that since I do remember some things from the anime and I wouldn’t want to inadvertently spoil anyone(not saying I would, just that I don’t want to risk it) :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

About what I liked about the extra stuff compared to the anime:

I liked how they showed what happened from Felt’s perspective after she ran away. IIRC in the anime you see everything just from Subaru’s point of view, so it’s nice to see what happens from Felt’s perspective too.

3 Likes

All those spoilers. :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

Not that much spoiler though. more like discussion and theory on futur books :slight_smile:

1 Like

Well, they’re still spoilers for this chapter so @Belerith can’t read them yet either way :slight_smile: Not until they’re caught up :wink:

5 Likes

I’m working on it!

It’s weirdly motivating being able to go through threads and klick away those spoilers.

3 Likes

Every time I think about these few lines from this last section, it makes me laugh:

フェルトは気を取り直すように頬を掻き、すぐ傍らに寝ている老人の頭を照れ隠しするようにぺしぺし叩く

Then, shortly after, as she gets more flustered:

心なしか、老人への打撃の威力がぺしぺしからびしびしへと上がっている。無意識なのだろう。速度も加速、白い禿頭が赤くなり始めている。

:joy:

5 Likes