New version of the website is https://koohi.cafe . I only keep Floflo up because it has some features like exporting, etc. and because Koohi lacks some core features such as password resets. Use Koohi if you’re a new user.
Hey what’s up Wanikani, it’s me ya boi. I’ve been working on a website for a few months and thought you guys might find it useful.
The website floflo.moe is designed to help ease learners into reading by optimizing the vocabulary-learning process. It’s also free (I don’t know why people keep asking me this).
It has a few unique features:
- Dynamically generated vocabulary lists from native novels: Words appear in the order they appear in the novel. No more guessing what words you need to know.
- Word tracking across multiple lists: Any words you learn are marked and duplicates are removed from every vocabulary list, creating a tailored learning experience.
- Hooks up with Wanikani: insert your level to automatically mark words you’ve already learned as known
- Vocabulary list filtering options: Remove all katakana words, set a minimum required word frequency, show verbs only, etc.
- A WK/Houhou-style SRS
- Customizable SRS Options
- Add your own vocabulary/kanji
Basic usage guide
Floflo offers free vocabulary lists. I do not sell copies of books.
Vocabulary list for Flowers le Volume sur Printemps
View of the SRS (desktop)
Alchemizer Beta (vocabulary list combining and filter):
For more info about the website visit this page.
Suggestions for Use:
- Start with an easy book (sort by ‘unique words’)
- Turn on katakana/hiragana filters (whatever you want)
View progress updates, etc. Here.
- Q: Is it free? A: Yes. You have to own the book to read the book though.
- Q: Can I import progress from Anki? A: You can import stuff from anki to mark it as a known word. This won’t allow you to review it but it’ll help the vocabulary list filter filter it out. Go to Account->Word Manager->Import
- Q: Can I import progress from Houhou? A: Yes, you can retain your data as well. There may be corrupted columns because Houhou’s export is a little wonky and those won’t be retained.
User Scripts (not my responsibility):
@Naphthalene’s Word Count Expander: lists word counts on the ‘recent books’ page when available.
Also check out Flippantry’s website. She helped with the SRS’s visual design.