Site with reading practice that uses WaniKani

I had an idea yesterday about creating a website that looks at what you know from WaniKani, and picks reading exercises from the list of Kanji you know. Does anything like this exist already or should I try to create something like this? Any other feature requests would be pretty cool too

Also, first post, woohoo

5 Likes

If I remember correctly FloFlo is the name of a website that uses SRS to help you train vocabulary for actual Japanese books, light novels and such, which can take into account your Wanikani level and known vocabulary. I thought there were some more websites like it, but I can’t remember if that’s something I’ve actually seen, or previous names of the same website.
When you say reading exercises though, it sounds like you’re talking about a different approach, like showing text and helping you learn through those somehow? I don’t know if there is anything like that, but it sounds interesting. In any case, there is a whole section on additional Japanese resources and reading specific resources, so you could start by having a look through there and see what you find.

In any case interesting to see if you come up with something, and welcome to the forums!

3 Likes

Also, Satori Reader allows you to input your WK API key - and then it would know which words you’ve already learnt and hide readings for them

5 Likes

Satori Reader was my first thought on reading this, although it’s not exactly the same idea. I’d love to see what you come up with.

@Raionus has changed FloFlo.moe to Koohi.cafe, here is the thread: Weow! Koohi.cafe - A WK friendly SRS [300 vocabulary lists!].

3 Likes

Sakubun is a website which gives sentences containing only kanji you already know from a kanji list you provide (in this case, from your WaniKani kanji) and has you guess the meaning of the sentences. I use it everyday to sentence mine for my Anki deck.

6 Likes