I made it to Level 60! 🌻

Congratulations! \( ゚ヮ゚)/
Reading posts like this is always really inspiring, kudos!

5 Likes

Congratulations!! :tada:

Wow, still amazing that you managed to do all lessons in one sitting over so many levels! :clap:
(your limited lesson batch size used to be my max-load :open_mouth: – I’ve since reduced the size of my lesson batches for my sanity lol)

What are you reading these days? Are you in the intermediate bookclubs?

3 Likes

Congratulations! It’s so inspiring to read your story!

3 Likes

YASSSS CONGRATULATIONS!!! :cake: :partying_face:
so happy to see (former) fellow Olympians making their way all the way to the top!
now go get that cake! :D

3 Likes

An amazing accomplishment! :clap: It’s really inspiring to hear your focus on the future as well and that you’re creating new goals. :grinning: With that attitude, I’m sure you’ll go really far! Great work making it - enjoy your success!

3 Likes

Congrats and thanks for sharing your experiences. It’s inspiration for every time I feel lazy.

3 Likes

Congratulations!! :tada: :confetti_ball: :partying_face:

2 Likes

@_Shiori-先輩!
bow haikyu
Congratulations!

4 Likes

Well done! can’t wait to join you by 2021!.

3 Likes

First of all, congratulations on reaching level 60 in such a small span of time :grin:

Glad I was able to help you in your journey :slight_smile: Seeing you every once in a while on the forums with a couple more levels on your belt was pretty admiring, to say the least :grin: So well done keeping that amazing pace :muscle:

I really like this suggestion. I’d usually recommend people that were struggling with doing lessons and coming back to WK to just try and do 3 lessons a day. It’s a good trick to fool our brains since there’s no excuse to not do something that’s so easy, right? :smiley:

Any ideas how you’ll tackle this? ^^

Congratulations again.

4 Likes

I am definitely feeling this right now…

1 Like

Congratulations

2 Likes

Wow, thank you so much everyone, @invisi, @Marifly, @YoungAdam, @ekg, @saibaneko, @Powerpuncher, @Stay_coolXD for the warm congratulations! :heartpulse: It really brings a smile to my face.

Sanity is very important - whatever batch size and speed is best for you! I kind of wish I did smaller batches a bit earlier on too, haha. I’m using my Kindle app on my phone to read some new chapters of manga I like. Nothing too intense, as I’m taking more time now to practice my speaking and grammar!

If the book club picks up a series I’m interested in, I’ll definitely join in (unfortunately, I find it actually quite painful to force myself to read something I’m not very interested in D:).

Thank you, thank you! You’ve come so far since January too, I’m really proud of you! I can’t wait to see what you’ll be able to accomplish going forward.
187057125@2x

8 Likes

Thank you very much! You’ve got this. I’ll be waiting for you! How has your progress been so far?

Thank you so much! I always admired how you stuck around the forums to help those who came after you and share your experiences. Your willingness to help and constant contributions to the forums was so inspiring to me!

Haha yes, exactly my thought process as well! For me, it was very helpful.

I purchased a lifetime subscription to Bunpro during their winter sale, but haven’t really been taking advantage of it… :sweat: So I’d like to use that as a jumping off point. As for speaking, I’ve been finding some good teachers that fit with my needs on italki!

Yes!! Not sure if I would personally call those levels「天国」、 they really kicked my butt ;~; Hang in there, you’ll get through them!

2 Likes

Congratulations. Your objectives are very similar to mine. I am studying grammar as I go and attempting to read the NHK web easy news and a few more bits and pieces. I wish you well on your Japanese journey.

2 Likes

Ever since I came back from a reset I’ve been flying by, currently on a double 6d20h level up streak, hope to keep it going

1 Like

Hey congratulations!! I am waiting for the day I would be able to stand where you are standing right now.
Are you able to read manga now? I am self studying Japanese and I have trouble studying grammar on my own. I am banking on free resources because I cannot afford to buy grammar books as of now. Is there a specific way (a step by step)guide to study grammar online for free

1 Like

Thanks so much! If you stick to it, you’ll make it eventually and I’m sure of that. And welcome to WK! :sunflower:

As for reading manga, I generally can, but I still do have trouble with some grammar concepts and that is my fault entirely for neglecting to study grammar.

And it naturally depends on the genre. For example, grand fantasy/heavy science fiction can be harder vocabulary-wise than your run-of-the-mill slice of life/school life romcom, generally because one doesn’t learn as many of those words as one would more “ordinary” or “daily life” vocabulary used in those types of series.

Here are a few great threads to get you started on resources for both grammar and reading!

1. This Ultimate Resources list has a section dedicated to grammar. As far as I’ve heard, Tae Kim’s Guide is a popular free resource for studying grammar. It is divided into sections basically like a textbook, so I would say it’s somewhat “step by step”.
    The Ultimate Additional Japanese Resources List!

2. Here is another list of resources for getting started reading Japanese content.
    Resources for Starting to Read Japanese Content

3. FloFlo is another WK-friendly resource designed to help with reading, and it’s free! According to the creator, koohi.cafe is the new version of the website. Check it out if you’re interested!
    (Back up) Floflo.moe - A WK-friendly website for reading
    How I used FloFlo to read my first book in Japanese

4. If you’re looking for a community or group experience, WK also has many different levels of book clubs. They read a manga/light novel together and discuss and bounce questions off each other! Here is the link to the beginner book club - it looks like they’re currently reading フルーツバスケット. If you don’t already own the manga/light novel they’re reading though, it would cost some money to purchase it.
    Beginner Japanese Book Club // Currently Reading: フルーツバスケット
    フルーツバスケット・Fruits Basket Beginner Book Club Discussion Thread

I hope some of this will be helpful to you, and I wish you well on your language learning journey. Don’t hesitate to stop by and say hi again, or let me know if you have any other questions!

187057129@2x

3 Likes

Wow dōmo arigatō gozaimas!!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.