Yeah I got that mixed up lol. I reread it with the help of a dictionary recently.
Chapter 4 Thread is up!
Ran this one literally down to the wire, but Chapter 5 vocab has been cleaned up and roughly numbered, should somebody with a physical copy want to double-check that work. I’ll have some free time at my appointment tomorrow (4 hours, so plenty of time to kill), so I’ll likely try and go through Chapter 6 then. If not, I’ll certainly have it done by Sunday. This is my first non-busy weekend in a while, so finally feeling like I’m not just barely keeping up with all my reading commitments.
Ha, considering I’m still trying to finish up chapter 4, you’re doing fine trust me XD
Chapter 5 thread is up:
(and I haven’t finished chapter 4 yet, oh no~)
I wasn’t able to get to the Chapter 6 vocab sheet last weekend after all, but I did the usual clean-up today, hopefully before too many folks started reading the chapter!
Couple of notes:
First, I fully expect the page numbers to be a bit more off this time. There were a number of words that could belong to either a final line or a starting line of a page, and I just sort of had to guess which one to put it on. In addition to that, anytime there are illustration inserts, the numbers can get a little wacky to begin with, let alone when there’s two back-to-back as in this week’s chapter. Somebody with a physical copy should definitely line the page numbers up properly this week.
Second, this is the final week where the vocabulary was provided in advance! So now the real fun begins regarding vocab. I doubt if I’ll be able to pre-read enough to create as thorough of a sheet as there has been up till now, but I’ll do what I can. Regardless, from here on out, I wanted to prepare everyone (especially for those who may be new to the book clubs) to be aware that the sheets will likely start out each week a little sparse from here on out until more people do their readings and contribute to them!
For those who do begin to contribute now that the sheet isn’t pre-filled (thanks again to @Hantsuki for all of their hard work on this!), this is just a refresher of the basic tenets of keeping the sheet as usable as possible:
- Try and keep the definition as narrowed to the text as possible, using definitions which fit the provided column length, and are preferably from a JP>EN dictionary such as Jisho or something equivalent. This just keeps things consistent and easy to reference
- Use only dictionary forms for verbs and not their conjugations. At most, make a quick note about a conjugation form in the Notes column for the word
- Only add a word if you are sure of the definition; if you are unsure about a word, post about it in the discussion thread
- When copying and pasting unformatted text, make sure to double-click into the cells to paste the text; this way it doesn’t mess with the sheet’s formatting
- If a word shows up without kanji in the text, it is best to put the kanji form of the word in the Notes column instead of the Kanji column; this just makes quicker look-ups easier, since if there is kanji in the kanji column, it will generally be assumed that the kanji is in the text, so a word could easily get looked over as a result of that
Pretty much all of this information is in the Guidelines page on the vocabulary sheet, but I figure posting a quick reminder wouldn’t be amiss! My deepest thanks to everyone who contributes to the vocabulary sheet!
Sorry, I’m later than usual, buuut, here we go:
No worries We’re all busy sometimes lol. Thanks for setting up the thread
Chapter 7 thread is up:
There won’t be a new thread next week as we have a break week for catching up