よつばと! Vol 10 Discussion Thread (Yotsuba&! Reading Club)

Join the よつばと! Reading Club!

よつばと! Volume 10 (Chapters 63-69) Discussion Thread

Current Chapter: 69 Nice.

Reading Schedule

Start Date Reading Jump To Discussion
July 29 Chapter 63 link
August 5 Chapter 64 link
August 12 Chapter 65 link
August 19 Chapter 66 link
August 26 Chapter 67 link
September 2 Chapter 68 link
September 9 Chapter 69 link

Reminders for Discussion:

1. Feel free to discuss grammar, vocabulary, comprehension questions, as well as interesting plot or character development.
  2. Include references (page, panel, character speech bubble, etc.) so that others can help you.
  3. We’re all here to learn and read together, so share your thoughts and ask questions!

Resources

• Jisho: An online dictionary with words by Wanikani level, radical search, etc.
  • Romaji Desu : An online dictionary that allows you to look up by romaji, even for conjugated verbs.
3 Likes

Yotsuba’s back, in pog book club form! :smiley:

Going strong and going fast towards the last few volumes! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

The cover is so good! I’d love it if Yotsuba was full-color, even if that meant waiting (more?? :weary: maybe), a la Kuro | Manga - MyAnimeList.net.

2 Likes

I’d love it if we got a Yotsuba anime…

3 Likes

I know! :weary: I don’t think it will happen, unfortunately.

Danbo is basically everywhere, and it’s not fair. :triumph:

The author thinks some panels would be harder to adapt, which makes sense, but considering Azumanga Daioh, I trust they would be able to figure it out.

I guess it could be sort of like skits, like からかい上手の高木さん, or maybe only adapt the long chapters, idk. It wouldn’t cover everything anyway.

Wow, you guys are so close to the end! (Or so it seems since you hit double digits :sweat_smile:)

2 Likes

We’re like 2/3, I’d say.

2 Likes

So you’ll catch up next year. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like
off topic

I’m not so sure. I know I am a complete beginner when it comes to manga and anime, and it would even help me study if there were an anime too (just as I am currently studying the Girls Last Tour manga and anime side by side) but I rather like that it is just the manga. I feel like anime gets to dominate everything and some things are best left to just the paper format. In the same way I much prefer there not to be film versions of every successful novel. But I know this is not a common opinion.

Anyway, well done you guys on starting vol 10. Little chance of me catching up any time soon. I need a couple of years to improve my Japanese first (I rely so heavily on word-lists and lots of questions and answers in the bookclub threads), but… one day! I have all the volumes on my shelf and I mean to finish them!

1 Like

I agree, but I’m torn. I just want more Yotsuba. :weary:

Speaking of which, you everyone should read Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou, it’s just wonderful. @marcusp Although it has some ovas, and I hear they’re good.

1 Like
off topic

Thanks for that! I just looked at the preview on Amazon, and it doesn’t have furigana. So one day, perhaps, but sadly not any time soon. Thanks though!

1 Like
Don't look unless you're @marcusp

I think I’ve said this before, but you can read manga in English as entertainment. :joy:

But I know you’re busy. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

I looked

7 Likes

:weary: I made a sign and everything.

4 Likes
still off topic

No, you haven’t (at least not to me)! And… not a chance! I try to only read Japanese now!
(My wife hasn’t read a single book in Japanese for 15 years! I’m now planning to do the same. In reverse. If you know what I mean…!)

1 Like

Discussion of Chapter 63 starts here.

Ok, new chapter! Let’s get going everyone. :smiley:

1 Like

Ok, done read the chapter.

In this chapter, nothing happens. And Yotsuba gets hit in the face with a ball.

4 Likes

You were just BEGGING us to look with that sign :wink:

2 Likes

I laughed so hard at this! :rofl:
Monkey see, monkey do, I think someone feels “guilty” or possibly judged :wink:

7 Likes

Reminds me of:

(I spent like 15 minutes looking for this panel.)

3 Likes