WaniKani Statistics WebApp

I have started building a new Web Application that display’s some basic statistics about your WaniKani Account since Kiko’s awesome service has suddenly went offline. I don’t have much time to work on it but I’ll try and do what I can.

Current Features

• SRS Distribution.
  • Level Up Time.
  • Kanji progress (JLPT and Joyo)
  • Estimations for Completion.
You can access it at http://peterkinnaird.eu/kani/.

If you have any trouble using it or have any suggestions for features I’d love to hear about them =).

Update (04-10-2013):
  • Added counts for Kanji.
Update (13-10-2013):
  • Added current level time to leveling graph.
  • Added projections for level completion.
  • Fixed JLPT kanji list.
Update (16-10-2013):
  • Added Frequency to Kanji
  • Much Lighter Unlearned Kanji
Update (23-10-2013):
  • Updated Level projection algorithm to discount particular levels if they deviate greatly from the norm. (3 month breaks etc)
  • Shows next level in Level Projection.
Update (25-10-2013):
  • Brand new screen added for progress statistics.
Update (01-11-2013):
  • Levels now show expected date range.
Update (26-11-2013):
  • The Application has now been upgraded to use the v1.2 API
  • WaniKani.js now caches request so its ridiculously fast after the initial load :) 
Update (18-12-2013):
  • Updated the Jouyou Kanji list so that it is now up to date with Wikipedia.

List of API and Third-Party Apps
The New And Improved List Of API and Third Party Apps
WaniKani Mobile - [End of Support]

Thanks a lot.  Looks really nice!

Besides estimating next level completion (and also level 50 completion), the other thing I’d love to see is a break down of JLPT Kanji and Vocab.
For instance, all the kanji for JLPT X level shown and if you know it, it’s highlighted the color of how well you know it (burned, enlightened, etc) and crossed/grayed out if you haven’t learned it yet. ^^;

Thanks for the nice work c0n5pir4cy ! I’m kind of data freak and i’ve been looking for an app like yours since Kiko’s one went down. Keep on the good work !

Nice! At last WK recovers from the Kiko’s app shutdown depression

'(yay)'

btw OP I am working on it.

Time said... '(yay)'

btw OP I am working on it.
 I like it's clean interface and pie charts :o
Nice stuff

zyaga said... Thanks a lot.  Looks really nice!

Besides estimating next level completion (and also level 50 completion), the other thing I'd love to see is a break down of JLPT Kanji and Vocab.
For instance, all the kanji for JLPT X level shown and if you know it, it's highlighted the color of how well you know it (burned, enlightened, etc) and crossed/grayed out if you haven't learned it yet. ^^;
 exactly this. (or maybe not just jlpt/joyo but 500 most frequent kanji etc. too)
That was the coolest thing (and motivation) about Kikos app, personally I don't care much if my level time is 8,9 or 10 days. But seeing these kanji lists slowly filling up, that was awesome ^_^. Probably is alot of work to implement though, to go through all the kanji lists :-/

Goodjob OP so far, looks very clean and well designed and it's working! :D

Bluemoon said...

Besides estimating next level completion (and also level 50 completion), the other thing I'd love to see is a break down of JLPT Kanji and Vocab.
For instance, all the kanji for JLPT X level shown and if you know it, it's highlighted the color of how well you know it (burned, enlightened, etc) and crossed/grayed out if you haven't learned it yet. ^^;
 exactly this. (or maybe not just jlpt/joyo but 500 most frequent kanji etc. too)
That was the coolest thing (and motivation) about Kikos app, personally I don't care much if my level time is 8,9 or 10 days. But seeing these kanji lists slowly filling up, that was awesome ^_^. Probably is alot of work to implement though, to go through all the kanji lists :-/

This was always a planned feature ^_^, it was one of my favorite of kikos. Test version with the JLPT Kanji is up now.

This is lovely. Thank you SO much!

c0n5pir4cy said...
Bluemoon said...

This was always a planned feature ^_^, it was one of my favorite of kikos. Test version with the JLPT Kanji is up now.
 If you switch the color that burned (or not unlocked) items are to something a bit different. Because they are the same.

Now that I’m finally burning items, I find it would be helpful to more easily see a difference between items that are burned or haven’t been learned yet.  For example, there’s oen from the N5 that supposedly I haven’t learned yet, but it looks very familiar.  It would be nice to know.

This is perfect, thank you so much! Like others have pointed out, you should grey out the locked kanji, so that they differ from the burned ones.

Okay, Joyo and JLPT now both up!

I have also made the Burned items a lot lighter so you can see them (I don’t have any burned items yet so I didn’t notice =P)

c0n5pir4cy said... Okay, Joyo and JLPT now both up!

I have also made the Burned items a lot lighter so you can see them (I don't have any burned items yet so I didn't notice =P)
 You mean Locked items right?

This should be made open source, so when you pass away like Kiko, we can still view your beautiful website.

Apraxas said...

I have also made the Burned items a lot lighter so you can see them (I don't have any burned items yet so I didn't notice =P)
 Just swapped the colors there because I think it makes a bit more sense than burned items becoming a lot lighter.

Oh, goodjob! Love it!

c0n5pir4cy said...
Apraxas said...

Just swapped the colors there because I think it makes a bit more sense than burned items becoming a lot lighter.
 Thanks!

This is great. Thank you so much!

Edit: After kikos app going down, I’m a bit scared. Could you open source it? That would be amazing.

Very nice, I really like the clean design.

It would be nice of the Kanji page also had counters for each grade: (Number of unlocked kanji in grade)/(Total number of kanji in grade)