Re Zero Volume 19 discussion thread

Welcome to the Re Zero Volume 19 comment thread !!!

Here you can post all your comments" questions about the book.
This is an independent thread and there is no schedule.
This is part of the Re Zero Book club
Previous volume : Re Zero Volume 18
Next volume Re Zero Volume 20
Rules
-Please keep all information about this book blurred on behind a drop thingy.
-Be sure to identify which part you are commenting on so that people know at which place you are to not spoil themselves.
-I don’t think I need to say it but I will do it anyway. Please refrain from hateful comments or insults.
-Have fun and don’t forget to practice your Japanese.

1 Like

Just finished this volume yesterday and so many things are happening.

Volume 18 spoiler

It seems I was wrong about Priscilla being the sin archbishop of luxury. They do act similarly though. She looks pretty strong.
Subaru’s leg is pretty confusing. So it’s an immortal, self-regenerating leg? He can also absorb Krush’s curse. Weird. I’m surprised Subaru hasn’t died and restart everything yet.

I need to speak about how perfect the teams are.
-Willhelm and Garf. One old and collected the other young and wild. The contrast is real but both of them felt guilt for not protecting their lord.(Garfield even more because of Mimi) They are also both power centers.

• Priscillia and Liliana. One egocentric and powerful the other humble and weak(combat wise) Important contrast. Liliana doesn’t think she can be useful while Priscilia is sure everything will be good.
    -Subaru and Reinhard. The most OP character with one of the weakest. Both have low self-esteem Another contrast. Reinhard in white with no wound, Subaru in black with lots of wounds.
    -Julius and Ricardo. Like before the calm, composed knight and the wild countryside-esk character. One with magic the other with brute force.

All the teams are made with two contrasting characters. It’s a match made in heaven.
I was surprise Priscilia wanted to take down Sirius. I never thought she had any grudge against him. Talking about her team, this is the first time I see Shulto but… He is so cuuuuute. I was sure he was older. No wonder Priscilia wanted to find him.

I had a question, where was it implied that the dragon was the husband of Garfield’s mom? I don’t remember seeing it but everyone took it for granted.

Another thing: @mrahhal made me realize that Glutonny had a different name. I the end of the book it is confirmed that there are at least two. I looked back to see what was the name of the one that attacks Rem and found out it was the one at the end of the book. In book 9 he speaks in たち which never bothered me because I was sure he was referring to him and Regulus. It bothered me at first because I was not sure why he was saying 僕たち while he was alone. I had to reread it to be sure. I did not realize there might be more than one. Not sure how the witch factor works in this case since I don’t think there are two of them. Is it like Ryuzu again or is there only two of them? Otto is in a bad situation.

For the book of wisdom: I was surprised there was something left. I get why he wants to have it again but not sure I want Rosewald to learn about it. If they work like the gospel only Rosewald would be able to use it. How is the witch cult knew about it… who knows?
Why did Are had a communication device of the witch-cult?
Lots of questions no answers.
I really liked Subaru’s speech.

I don’t know why Emilia was trying to do by pissing Regulus at the end. Not the best idea. I’m not sure why she does not even remember him.
Regulus does not want Emilia to smile because he finds it ugly? Weird… His version of love is just I possess you as an object… Interesting.

Are did seem to have his idea of Subaru’s actions. He seems to have been in a similar situation.
Before I hated Reinhart’s father, now I despise him even more. How dare he stopped Reinhart.

Sorry for the huge block of text in an unorderly manner. Just collecting my thoughts here and there.

2 Likes

This time I managed to actually see the thread because you mentioned me.

I like this new sin :joy::joy::joy:

Properly putting what he realized in arc 4 to good use here. Proud.

Oh yes! That was the perfect teaming.

Can’t answer since I don’t remember the details, but I remember it was clear at some point or another.

Crazy to think about it especially that Subaru doesn’t know that.

100/10. This was the result of everything that he experienced so far and how his characters was shaped and changed by it, and it shows. What a speech, can’t wait to hear it.

She was young, and also all that crazy stuff in addition to the freezing happened in between, so probably just that.

That’s the same old punchable-in-the-face Regulus for you.

I have a few/lot more thoughts of my own to add. (thanks to the illustrations, I can remember my thoughts at the time)

End of volume spoilers

It was already almost clear but the reveal of Theresia being one of the 2 fighters was great.

Reinhard actually being able to add to his divine protections is insane :joy:

Subaru using Invisible Providence to crush Regulus’ authority was great to see. What’s even more interesting is Emilia mentioning that she trusts Geuse too in this cene. This fuels the theory that Emilia actually knows Subaru killed him, but she doesn’t know why or when, and she’s too afraid to ask about it. (While Subaru still doesn’t know the connection between them)

Reinhard finally launching Regulus into space was absolutely perfect to see. And it’s interesting that we didn’t actually learn about Regulus’ past. But in Re:Zero fashion, it’s very possible we’ll get to learn more much later if his past connects to another plot point.

Al is one of the most mysterious characters in this arc. I just love every time he gets screen time. There’s just something about him, and you have no idea what’s going on in his mind, but he seems to know something about the cult that we don’t.

She saw him in the trial a year ago though.

Same.

Isn’t the last part you added is next book content?

Edit: My bad I got the wrong book… I made a mistake. I wrote stuff for book 18 into book 19 thread for some reason…

A few more think I remembered.

End of book spoiler

So the divines protections come from a person’s desire… They do fit each person perfectly.
After listening to Whilhelm’s story of how Theresia died, I can see why he and Reinhart blame themselves. So hard for them.
Wilhelm just turned back to the 「剣鬼」personallity he had.

I just finish this book(for real this time)

Entire book spoiler

The fight with Regulus is the main center of this book. It was pretty intense. I really like the character of Regulus to be honest(except for the marriage stuff) I really like his あのさ~ His contradictions are something. It is funny that someone representing greed believes he is a perfect being and does not want anything else. I wasn’t expecting his power to be destroyed like that. I just think of just saying to Emilia he can return by death, then hope the witch only takes out Regulus’ heart. This power has lots of utilities. Talking about his power, why does he take his own wife’s hostages when they may hold his heart? When 長月先生 wrote about the water drowning Regulus as if the city was angry at him, was a good line. Don’t destroy city or city destroy you.

Regulus should definitely be the actor for a washing company.

“Whatever happens, your clothes will stay perfectly white, even if you are fighting the 「剣聖」 himself. Always look fresh while conquering the world. Regulus’ clothing, perfect for any situation” This is the only think I could think of every time he got hit.

The reveal of the witch-cult name was interesting. Their name and powers fit with the name of stars. 長月先生 thought so much ahead. I just love it. It’s confirming that Subaru could be the archbishop of Pride. Maybe, the star named Subaru has another name like, “the immortal one” or something. What if all the archbishops were summoned by the witch, like Subaru? So many theories are now popping into my head. I also wonder who got Regulus’s witch factor? Subaru? Reinhart? Emilia? Reinhard is already broken but Subaru with it would be destroying the rest of the story. Can someone even have two witch factors? Is his return by dead one witch factor? If he died by water what happens to the factor? In my head, I was expecting Subaru to catch them all then become the ultimate archbishop or something. Then he will be the true villain of the story. Personal theory of mine that could be funny.

Priscilla just casually claims to have the original flame or something like that. She was really epic. I wonder how her kiss could free Liliana but she is pretty so… Love? Her fire power was epic.
Sirius just taking down the tower with one hit was impressive. Never thought his chains were that powerful. At the end, Sirius didn’t die right? She just smashes her into the firery water, isn’t it? I was wondering why she didn’t kill her. Does her fire did it?

Liliana gaining a new power without her knowing was funny. Surprised she survived the tower falling.

Oh yeah, Reinhart is immortal too… As expected. He can only use it once, right? Surprised he wastes it there. Then a random spirit just healed his legs. I was sure Emilia helped him. Reinhart really is blessed by the world. Reinhard is the OP isekai main character. The sword not finding Regulus worthy was the biggest burn of this book not gonna lie.

Wait he had something???

Yeah, just after he insulted Petelgeuss he got crush by it.

When I read that last time by accident, I was sure that to being Regulus they would launch him in space where he would float for eternity. Talking about space, Reinhart just came back from the moon right? He jump from the moon to the earth right? I knew he was OP but… really?

2 Likes

how long did it take you to get to a point where you were comfortable reading light novels? that’s my main motivation behind learning Japanese and was curious what steps you took to reach this goal.

2 Likes

Surprised that kind of comment here.

I think I already explained it in my level 60 post but the short version is… you are never ready. If I remember correctly the first light novel I read was after 3-4 years of self learning. I started because I wanted reading practice and the first book club was created. I started reading 1 hour per pages. Pretty slow eh! I read and read and read until now I can read faster. It’s the habits that help getting hangs of kanji readings, expressions, way of speaking, sentence structures etc… There is plenty of time when I don’t get everything.
I can get the gist of light novels but each of them uses different expresisons, way of writing, etc…
Even after around 6 years of learning I still have trouble sometimes.
I’m kinda comfortable reading but don’t wait until you are because you will never be without practice. I would advice joining a book club (depending on your level) and start practicing. Nothing shameful about asking questions about grammar here.(I did it a lot and still do)
Not sure if that answer your questions but the best way to get good at something is practice.

My learning journey was full of try and retry, method changing and others. I suggest finding a method you prefer. If you really want to see what I or other people did just look at their level 60 stories. Lots of good stuff in there.

I hope I did no discouraged you and answered all your questions. I really hope you will suceed in your learning. It’s so much fun to know Japanese and has lots of good perks. Reading light novel not translated and annoying your friends that don’t read Japanese that you can read farther than them cough
If you have other question don’t hesitate, everyone is nice here. :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

thanks for the response, that does really help a ton! I’ll get to it and maybe you’ll see me participating in the LN book clubs in a couple years.

2 Likes