Re Zero Volume 1 week 6

Good luck with your middle life crisis. At least try to do it in Japanese for practice :stuck_out_tongue:

6 Likes

Hopefully more like a quarter life crisis. :joy:

Happy birthday!

5 Likes

Well, I’m not quite done yet, but at the very least I’m not late anymore. \o/

4 Likes

I’ve read it :slight_smile:

I have to say, I really like how nice and friendly Reinhard is(actually, I guess most of the characters are. Well, a few of them at least). Just come up and save some random person who’s in trouble, have a nice chat with them, offer to help them with some random thing… all on his day off, too, if I recall correctly(I think he said that, at least). To be honest, that’s the part that made the strongest impression on me, so I don’t have all that much to say about the rest. I mean, Subaru’s description of him made it sound like he’s really impressive :sweat_smile: (though, I wonder how much of that may be influenced by the fact that he just saved Subaru’s life. We only see things from Subaru’s perspective, after all)

6 Likes

I used use houhou and I built floflo to deal with some of its inefficiencies. It’s a lot more lax than wk and houhou as well. Helps estimate the difficulty of a book while letting you read above your level through prelearning.
I know I’m the one who built it but I feel like it’s signifcantly more effective than other SRS because you don’t waste time making cards and you know you’ll be using every single card you learn

6 Likes

I had a question about a part in this week reading. It’s the part where :

Subaru ask to the fruit owner if he saw 偽サテラ。Can someone tell me if my interpretation of it is good?

Close to the end of part 4

I Believe Subaru speak first
やべぇ、ありえないポカやらかした。まさか捜しにいかなきゃいけないのか?」
That’s bad, it’s impossible (???) Don’t tell me you have to look for her?
「何をぶつぶつと……ああ、クソ。あのな、そんな騒ぎなんざ珍しくもなんともねえよ」
What are you talking about? aa kun? It rare that she doesn’t make a lot of noise.
「答えてくれたのは嬉しいけど、マジで!?
I will be glad to answer you but really?

Can someone help me understand this part? cause I don’t understand the exchange.

Second question

Slightly after that, is the owner tell Subaru he won’t give him answer since he doesn’t pay but then change his mind because someone helps his girl???

@Ditto20 I really like Reinard. As much as I want to tell how if he is impressive or not that might be a spoiler. Unless you don’t mind me listing some of his abilities. We already read that The チンピラ called him the holy knight :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I haven’t reached that part but, (ps: also, sorry for FUBARing the spoiler tags, this is hard :cry:)

That sounds like Subaru indeed.
ありえない means impossible. ポカ is a mistake. やらかす means to make a mistake as well (especially in soccer and net用語 ref: やらかしたとは [単語記事] - ニコニコ大百科) so it would mean something like “Damn, I have made a crazy error”

Don’t tell me I have to go look for her

ぶつぶつと(言う) means to mutter under one’s breath. Subaru was actually talking to himself.

" aa kun?" :joy: (Sorry to laugh).
I believe that’s a so ソ not an n ン :wink:

あのな is kinda meaningless, just something like “y’know”

珍しくもなんともねえよ is actually 珍しくない (not rare) with a も for emphasis and a なんとも for MORE EMPHASIS. Emphasis for days. → absolutely not rare at all/ there’s really nothing special about it.

Total sentence: “What are you grumbling about? Ah, [expletive]. Y’know, that kind of commotion ain’t nothing special.”

“I’m glad you answered my question, but… Seriously!?”

I don’t know yet :joy:

4 Likes

For the second question, if I remember correctly the owner does say that he changed his mind from before because another broke person helped find his daughter(and Subaru then thinks some stuff about how it seems like the daughter still got help even if he wasn’t there)

And I think I’ll just wait until whenever we get there to see more about Reinhard and see for myself then :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

The owner tells him it was 白いローブに、銀髪. So it was actually Satella who saved her again. Subaru understands that even when he’s not with her she ends up saving the little girl.

5 Likes

yeah, I realised as much, but I didn’t remember how explicitly it was mentioned and didn’t want to say it if it wasn’t obvious, but I guess it was, so thanks for helping fill in that part :sweat_smile:

(That’s the downside of just answering questions from memory instead of actually opening the book)

Actually, I checked that part again, and unless I checked the wrong part, while I do think it’s her, that’s actually not explicitly mentioned, and Subaru really does just think that “someone” will help the daughter regardless of what happens, so I guess I did remember correctly :slightly_smiling_face: (or checked the wrong part, I’m not going to deny that possibility)

5 Likes

It does seem funny seen that way. I was thinking maybe there was someone named kun. so he was like “Aaa Kun?” Like remebering something. Since some people are named two letter word. chin,kan,pan something.

Thanks for the help. Makes much more sense.

5 Likes

Speaking of two-letter names, トン, チン, and カン are my favorites. Mostly because of how スバル acts when they show up :rofl:

1 Like

Also because トンチンカン means stupid.

They are basically called St, Up and Id.

7 Likes

Now I gotta go back and re-read their scenes with this newfound knowledge in my mind

6 Likes

Wait, when did he said that?
Except if I missed something, the owner just said it was another 無一文 who saved her. The description you gave was from the discussion with ラインハルト, I think.

Ps: time! I’m finally done with this week. Catching up took a while :tada: :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

That might be the case :thinking: Maybe I remembered this from the wrong conv. So sorry. Ugh I should just keep reading chronologically.

3 Likes

I had a small grammar(?) question. I’ve noticed there’s a lot of abbreviations and slurring of words in this book, and most of them I can understand how they come to be. But sometimes, Subaru starts his sentences with んにゃ、like in “「んにゃ、聞きたいことって…” and for the life of me I can’t figure out what words one would have to slur to get to んにゃ. Maybe something like いや when coming out of a “Hmmm”-like ん sound, but I’m stumped.

He’s just meowing :laughing:

But I don’t know, he’s a quirky guy so I don’t look too much into it.

4 Likes

That’s been my approach so far, but it was starting to nag at me :joy:

3 Likes

Next week is up

3 Likes