Re Zero book club home thread

By the way, is anyone else reading Nagatsuki Tappei’s live tweets whenever a new episode airs? He offers insight into the different things that are happening on screen. https://twitter.com/nezumiironyanko

5 Likes

I never knew that. Now I wanna make a twitter to follow him

2 Likes

He always uses the #rezeroneko hashtag for this so you can filter tweets by it to see the whole discussion:
https://twitter.com/search?q=%40nezumiironyanko%20%23rezeroneko&src=typed_query&f=live

3 Likes

I used to translate them for reddit in the beginning of the season but someone else took over. Yeah they’re very very nice to read after each episode.

4 Likes

Here is the not so late Volume 9 official announcement :tada:

Book: Re Zero volume 9
start date: Sepetember 28, 2020
Schedule:
リゼロ 9:
1: End of chapter 1 part 7, page 58 (46 pages)
2: End of chapter 2, page 105 (46 pages)
3: End of chapter 3, page 152 (46 pages)
4: End of chapter 5 part 4, page 196 (43 pages)
5: End of chapter 5, page 250 (53 pages)
6: End of chapter 6, page 318 (62 pages)
Average: 49 pages
I don’t remember who does the flo flo stuff but can someone ping him/her for me please?
Where to get started? here

I am looking forward to being reading with you all

4 Likes

It’s @Raionus :sweat_smile:

お願いします🙏

3 Likes

:sweat_smile: is kinda right. How you gonna ping me for multiple books without even remembering my name lol

2 Likes

Well I think I only pinged you once actually. All the other time someone else pinged you. Now that I think about it did have you done flo flo for the last book?

I’m bad with name ok :sob:
勘弁してくれよ~も~

1 Like

I need to find a way to freeze myself for three months so I don’t have to painfully wait until the second half of the season.

Wait… What if I read the novels really really fast… :thinking: :thinking: :thinking: :thinking: :thinking: :thinking: :thinking: :thinking: :thinking: :thinking: :thinking: :thinking: :thinking: :thinking: :thinking: :thinking: :thinking:

6 Likes

Reading very fast until the 1st cour’s ending point is the only answer!!!

Oh, and here's the stats for OP/ED plays in this cour.

Cutting OPs/EDs and the extended running times resulted in an overall whole hour of additional content. That’s an additional 3 full episodes. :tophat: to WhiteFox.

5 Likes

That was pretty clever (though I do love the songs). I wonder why go through all that effort. Wouldn’t it be more material for season 3 normally? Do they plan to end the anime with season 2, I wonder :thinking:

Season 3 is already almost guaranteed. The director hinted at it even before S2 started. The whole staff from the studio to the producers up to the author have a lot of love for the series (they’re putting away expensive ad slots for more content, and that’s very rare, but it happens regularly with ReZero), they just want to do the best adaptation (and even the voice actors! Emilia’s VA Takahashi Rie is well known to be the person-to-ask in the recordings when Tappei-sensei isn’t available because she read the LN). If something should get extra running time, then nothing deserves it more than ReZero.

It’s paced just right for arc 4, season 3 would be arc 5. The LN is very dense, even with the added content, there are still some cut stuff. So, it used the extra time.

3 Likes

I see. Well that’s all good news. Time to start reading I guess.

2 Likes

Guys guess what I found today

I could not stop myself from saying it はくげい. We found some 魔女教徒 here. When coincidence like that happens it’s such fun.

3 Likes

@mrahhal… about that ‘catch up to the anime in time for coeur (sp?) 2’ 3 week schedule… Is it 3 weeks per book consecutively or is that including some kind of break in between?

Also I have been 1 episode short of finally finishing season 1 for almost a whole week now - I want to watch it but then it’ll be over! … not like season 2 is already half out or anything. Brains can be funny. :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

I made the calculation assuming that the next cours starts at the beginning of January, so no break.

3 Likes

頑張れBelerith先輩。応援する。アナタの勤勉を見せてよ。アナタの愛を魔女に捧げて!!!愛に報いなければ。。。。。

4 Likes

So, cour 2 starts on January. Cour 1 covered up to volume 13 chapter 1. So as @Naphthalene said, yeah weeks with no breaks (more accurately depends on which quarter of the month it’ll start, but we don’t know that yet so I’m assuming the 1st quarter of January. But anyway, ~3 weeks will get you close enough).

BTW. I won’t talk much right now and will leave it to the official finish of the book, but I saw you finish it

Up to end of volume 9 spoilers

What an amazing 2nd half, right?! The ただそれだけの物語 has to be my favorite chapter title ever. How that last part explains it…

S1 ends exactly with the end of ただそれだけの物語 (in case you didn’t know already. The final chapter of this volume is episode 1 of S2.). You can see how that is a cruel ending because just an intermission later, that happened (at the time of S1, source readers expected S1 to end at 竜車でのひと時, that would have been insane as a cliff hanger).

1 Like

頑張ります~ :muscle::sweat_drops:

end of vol9 spoilers

Oh my God yes! The way he put together the short stories as well was simply amazing. From the end of that first one to the what if scenario back to-

Genius.

I took a bit of a break after finishing the first 5 chapters, so I know a bit what the start of season 2 must have been like for anime-only people.

Any other end (past the official one) would have been cruel too, thinking of how much time passes in between seasons - :sob:

Gosh.

1 Like

I just realized we are in the last week of book 9 :sweat_smile: :sweat_smile: :sweat_smile: :sweat_smile: :sweat_smile:

Will you read Volume 10 with the book club?

• yes
  • no
  • I already started
  • I will be reading later

0 voters

What speed do you want to read

• Same speed with break week
  • same speed with no break week
  • Faster with break week
  • Faster with no break week
  • Other(write it under this comment)

0 voters

I hope you will be reading with the book club the next book.
I just wonder is the reading speed of the book club is good? Half already read and half are behind soooooo… Should something be changed?

2 Likes