Re Zero book club home thread

We can be following along if we read a book per 3 weeks. (Then one book per 4 weeks once we catch up)

2 Likes

I like this plan.

I can forget catching up with he other book clubs, but I like this plan.

3 Likes

Wow that would mean x2 the current pace, right? I like this plan too but I have no say.

3 Likes

I don’t think so? How long is book 9?

Bigger than 8. Back to standard length, 320 pages. If I remember, 8 was 6 weeks. So at best 3 weeks would be a x2 pacing :pensive:

1 Like

Yes, somehow I was thinking about the 4 weeks pace from after when I wrote my comment above :sweat_smile:

Anyway, I don’t mind any speed, since over the past few books I basically always ended up reading the whole thing in a week.

2 Likes

Brings back PTSD from when I did that the 1st time. That was a harsh week.

1 Like

So this week is a break week !!! :tada:

Take this time to relax, finish book 8, or do what you want starting next week we start book 9.

I will be counting on you again for the pages @mrahhal

4 Likes

Since I was so behind I ended up reading volume 8 in a week too. Book 1 was so tough though. :see_no_evil:

If I’m still this motivated next week, I really would like to watch the anime with everyone.

4 Likes

リゼロ 9:
1: End of chapter 1 part 7, page 58 (46 pages)
2: End of chapter 2, page 105 (46 pages)
3: End of chapter 3, page 152 (46 pages)
4: End of chapter 5 part 4, page 196 (43 pages)
5: End of chapter 5, page 250 (53 pages) |-| Season 1 ends here.
6: End of chapter 6, page 318 (62 pages) |-| This is Season 2 episode 1, and with it arc 3 ends.
Average: 49 pages

This was a tough one to break. Average is a bit longer than usual if we want to maintain 6 weeks. I didn’t find it worth it splitting one more week just for 4 more pages on average per week. What do you think?

Also, I marked where the anime ends for people who’re interested.

3 Likes

If it’s too long we can make a 7th week I don’t mind. I think it’s good.

I had a quesion for you all. How many of you read the 後書き?

• I read it
  • I don’t
  • I read it fast
0 voters

For me, I read it fast because at first it’s interesting but not all of it is. I never understood the discussion at the end between two character. Something they are breaking the four wall and doing publicity.

So I was just wondering who read it and why. Just for personal curiosity

1 Like

I always read it. I don’t know why, it’s some compulsion. :woman_shrugging:

It’s also pretty interesting sometimes. I liked this one because it wasn’t all thanking people, there was also some anime backstory and stuff.

I also always read the chara convo, even though it’s usually just the same promo that’s already in the main あとがき. :sweat_smile:

How about that 3 week schedule? :upside_down_face::crazy_face:

3 Likes

My master plan is that I made it 6 weeks by any means so that it’s easier to decide on going for 3 weeks instead in a moment’s notice. Unfortunately I have no power beyond that :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

I read the あとがき but not that :rofl: As you said, it’s just the announcement for the next episode, like they do in anime. Well, probably not re:zero since they seem to use every available second of screen time, based on what you people said.

3 Likes
Re Zero s2 ep 12 spoiler(anime)

OMG!!! HOW CAN THEY LEAVE US HANGING LIKE THAT !!!
Now I wish I did like @mrahhal and read ahead.
welp, we will there one day so…
Echidna was getting close to Rem for best girl but now… well let’s just say when she spoke about contract it seemed fishy to me.
Then it became a real witch tea party with at the end the witch I wanted to most to see speaking with Subaru. THE ONE AND ONLY WITCH OF ENVY SATELLA!!!

sorry hum…
@mrahhal I had a question for you. I saw that there was an If story if Subaru accepts the deal with the Echidna. Is it in the main volume or not? Because from what I heard from it, it seems super interesting.
I like that the author put some alternate versions of the story like that. If you don’t want to read it you don’t and you don’t lose anything but if you read it you can see the impact of the choice he made. It’s also had some flesh to the story.

Yeah sorry for the capsize I got a little too excited but WHO WOULDN’T BE

Edit: I’m surprised to see pretty much everyone read the 後書き it’s never in the thing that needs to be read and does not seem to be the most interesting thing. I almost never read it in the books that are not Japanese but in japanese one, I always read it for some reason. Maybe because they do more than just thanking people. :face_with_monocle: Maybe if I ask this question in other bookclubs the answer will be different.

2 Likes
Spoiler

I died at the end when Satella appeared. Is this the last episode until January?

2 Likes
Spoiler

nope there is 13 so one left

S2E12 spoiler

ありうべからざる今を見ろ though. Do you now realize that they hid the 2nd trial in plain sight in the OP? And nobody thought about it twice. This 2nd trial shows the brilliance of Tappei as a writer. Right after Subaru solidifies his resolve to use Return by Death to the fullest, this is when this huge revelation occurs: the possibility of other worlds running their courses after Subaru dies. This changes everything.

Back to Echidona. Yes, she had a 4 pages long single dialogue in the novel, and it’s crazy. No spaces no nothing. Just 4 pages of her talking. And this dialogue is sandwished between these 2 illustrations:

Illustrations

In any case, back to your question. I read that this IF spoils arc 5 a bit, so I haven’t read it (be extra careful about other IFs, they do spoil future arcs sometimes unexpectedly if you’re not up to date). I doubt it’ll be in the main books (but damn right it sounds so freakin interesting). REM IF was special in a way, it connected to the main story, so they added it.

BTW, Tappei writes an IF story every year on Subaru’s birthday as I have learned. They’re all absolutely crazy and fans love them.
Personally, I am interested in reading them, but I feel like I shouldn’t. I feel like they can squander some possibilities in the main story (because if a certain thing happens in IF, you’ll be sure it won’t happen in MAIN). I’ll be sticking strictly to the main story, if it comes it comes. But I’ll be damned if they’re not super interesting.

Also, they did something I expected, they finished volume 12 with this episode. They’ll end the season on the 1st chapter of volume 13, which is a good way actually to end the cour. So…

Could have been worse. This is exactly the point where we expected this cour to end at.

@jneapan No, one more episode.

2 Likes
S2E312 spoiler

No but it’s not like they showed the OP often I will need to look that back.

To be frank I always thought about that possibility. If it was like stein gate(If you ever seen it) that there is an infinite amount of timeline. Like a multiverse thing or if it was only one timeline.
And for Echnidna’s speech, I read that it makes 3000 words. I didn’t know it was sandwiched all together with two pictures.

Thx for the info about the If. I want to read them but the fact that certain can spoil the main story is making me sad. Maybe I should just look them up when I read the book that was out the same year the If story does.
長月徹平 IS SUCH A GOOD AUTHOR.

2 Likes
S2E312 spoiler

How dare you, it’s my number 1 show.

And yeah exactly, you think about it, but you never expect anything like this to happen. You never expect that Subaru will be put face to face with this.

I think I’ll just never try to touch them until I’m completely up to date.

The best. Honestly, I went back and forth for a while, but I just can’t think of a better author who thinks every detail in logical reasoning, and works hard to bring all those side stories of side characters, and one who can keep the stakes at all time high even 4 arcs in, and bring plot points at exactly the right point of time and make it all look natural. I concede, he’s my favorite as of now.

1 Like