Premium Interface

Hello,

I see in the threads images of the WK UI which are different than mine (for example I have no access to the lesson picker). Is there a difference between the premium and free accounts with respect to the UI interface ?

Thank you,

KanjiBB

2 Likes

As far as I know, there is no difference. However, if you’ve already done all your available lessons (not just the daily), you won’t be able to use the lesson picker, as you need to have available lessons to use the lesson picker. This is not just the case for the free version of WaniKani, but also for the payed one :slight_smile:

Here is how it looks like for me when I don’t have any lessons available:

grafik

1 Like

As far as I know, there’s none. However, there are a lot of userscripts that change UI – I think that’s the reason the images look different. For example,

You can install userscripts regardless of whether you are premium or free.

Wait, as I understand, you can use lesson picker regardless of whether you’ve done your 30 lessons or not
Here’s mine:

2 Likes

No, I mean if you have no lessons at all, if you have completed all available ones

I rephrased my post a bit, I think I should’ve said it more clearly :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Ah, I see, sorry, I misunderstood you :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Thank you all for the fast reply.

I wish there was a userscript to fight the envy when you see someone at level 48…

KanjiBB

7 Likes

Think about it this way: They all started at level 1, and had to work their way up through hard work :slight_smile:

2 Likes

No. It’s all about people using user-scripts for the Dashboard - the main interface. You can from a free account as well. :slight_smile:

Just check out:

then

then get to the category of

Make sure you check out all the other ways you change not just the Wanikani experience but also this forum experience as well! :+1:

Edit: for making assumption and not reading the OP well enough. I don’t actually now if there is any difference for you who are on the free accounts as to the lesson picker. There might be a few kinks left to be worked out there. But, perhaps my info can be useful to you as well. ^^

1 Like

Comparison is the thief of joy!

It’s so easy to look at others and feel a range of not so positive emotions, but do your best to focus on yourself and your own studies! Before you know it, you’ll be the level 60 that is making others bow down at their prowess :smiley:

がんばって!

1 Like