[Old version][Userscript] Burn Reviews (v1.0.0.3)

This script adds a section to the WaniKani dashboard that gives random reviews of previously burned items. Click the background of the item’s text to expand the section and click anywhere in the dark area to compress it. The buttons on the left side are for enabling and disabling different item types.

Note: If you have never used or updated this script, before running it, make sure you enter your API key in the indicated area below the license comment or the script won’t work.

You also need Greasemonkey (Firefox) or Tampermonkey (Chrome) to use this script.

WARNING: If you use Firefox, expect graphic bugs that don’t affect the script but make parts of the GUI look ugly.

Greasemonkey (Firefox)
Tampermonkey (Chrome)

Edit: Screenshot of 0.9.9.4

Current version: 1.0.0.3 (08-10-2015)
Most recent change(s): Fixed the CSS conflict that made the SRS containers too wide to read.

Link: Greasy Fork
Other Scripts: Scrollbox, Community Mnemonics

Please report any glitches you find.

When to confirm your burns? Burned Pop Quizzing?
What do you want now? (Request extensions here)
Is there an app/website/extention I can use to review burned kanji?
[Userscript] Burn Reviews (ver 2.2.5)
What do you want now? (Request extensions here)
App Store script
[Userscript] Community Mnemonics (v0.9.7.8)
[Outdated][Userscript] Scrollbox

happy dance!

What does “resurrect” do exactly?

weirdboy said... What does "resurrect" do exactly?

I've never actually used it but I believe it puts an item back into your review queue where you can re-retire the item at any time by going to its page.

the answers don’t disappear when a new item appears, and it’s a little bit inconvenient to erase my previous answer before writing the next one.

ShotgunLagoon said... the answers don't disappear when a new item appears, and it's a little bit inconvenient to erase my previous answer before writing the next one.
 This doesn't happen for me. What browser are you using?

Samuel-H said...
ShotgunLagoon said... the answers don't disappear when a new item appears, and it's a little bit inconvenient to erase my previous answer before writing the next one.
 i'm using chrome

ShotgunLagoon said...
Samuel-H said...
 i'm using chrome
 I'm also using Chrome but I can't seem to reproduce your issue. Try temporarily disabling any other userscripts that run on your dashboard, refresh, and tell me if the issue stops.

i tried that, same problem persists. 

ShotgunLagoon said... i tried that, same problem persists. 
 Does it happen when you click "new item" or just after submitting an answer?

I am getting the same problem as ShotgunLagoon. I am also using Chrome.

Also, I must manually input hiragana correct?

I updated the script to hopefully fix the issue and to restrict answer submission in certain cases.

AlexAlex said…
I am getting the same problem as ShotgunLagoon. I am also using Chrome.

Also, I must manually input hiragana correct?
 WanaKana is implemented and should definitely work as long as you add the “@” before require on the indicated line near the top of the script, so the answer to your question is no.

both. new item has same results as submitting an answer and moving on.

ShotgunLagoon said... both. new item has same results as submitting an answer and moving on.
 Have you tried the updated version yet?

ok, that issue is fixed, but now it’s bringing up stuff I haven’t burned…

EDIT: ok nvm that was a one time thing i guess.

also, is the bar supposed to stay green after moving onto the next item or should it return to gray? and now the bottom of the box covers up part of the wanikani news and recent community chats boxes.

ShotgunLagoon said... ok, that issue is fixed, but now it's bringing up stuff I haven't burned...

EDIT: ok nvm that was a one time thing i guess.

also, is the bar supposed to stay green after moving onto the next item or should it return to gray? and now the bottom of the box covers up part of the wanikani news and recent community chats boxes.

Your issue is clear to me now. You didn't add @ before require in the script where indicated. The text will also look much nicer if you do this.

Using Chrome on a Mac OSX 10.9.5 having similar issues to ShotgunLagoon.  Once I submit my answer, the answer field remains green, even when click on “new item” and it won’t allow me to enter the answer for said “new item”.  I have to refresh the page, wait for it to load all the items again before I can submit another answer.  I also have to change my input method to Japanese, because it doesn’t automatically convert the text I input to Japanese.  I put the @ before “require” and it displays the text in the same manner as ShotgunLagoon’s screenshot.

@ShotgunLagoon do you have items in your Critical Items box?  Maybe that’s why it’s pushed down?

I realize this script was written for firefox, but it doesn’t seem to translate very well to chrome.  I like the premise, though!

pushindawood said... Using Chrome on a Mac OSX 10.9.5 having similar issues to ShotgunLagoon.  Once I submit my answer, the answer field remains green, even when click on "new item" and it won't allow me to enter the answer for said "new item".  I have to refresh the page, wait for it to load all the items again before I can submit another answer.  I also have to change my input method to Japanese, because it doesn't automatically convert the text I input to Japanese.  I put the @ before "require" and it displays the text in the same manner as ShotgunLagoon's screenshot.

@ShotgunLagoon do you have items in your Critical Items box?  Maybe that's why it's pushed down?

I realize this script was written for firefox, but it doesn't seem to translate very well to chrome.  I like the premise, though!
 It was written for Chrome. Your issues are showing the signs that the WanaKana script isn't working properly and putting @ before require should fix this. If it doesn't, I don't know why. As for the issue with the vertical positioning, I might be able to fix that.

Edit: OOPS! Silly me, I didn't realize I put a comment inside a comment, making it unable to recognize the script link. Downloading the new version should fix all problems including the vertical positioning issue.

Samuel-H said...

It was written for Chrome. 
 Oh!I thought greasy fork was a firefox only thing so I was copy-pasting the script into tampermonkey.  Just shows how computer literate I am!Thanks for making this.

yup, looks much better.

however, it keeps giving me the suit radical although i have a long time to go before i guru it. also, when the window is too narrow, it screws up the positioning of everything else.