[Old version][Userscript] Burn Reviews (v1.0.0.3)

Wish I could test it out completely, but I don’t have any burned items yet. Seems to be working fine though, just no review box. This should prove useful in 18 days. What, 18 days?! Oh god. Oh god oh man. Oh god oh man oh god.

PLEASE HAVE MERCY ON ME ALL GREAT AND HOLY CRABIGATOR!
(m。_。)m オネガイシマス

Hmmmm…  is there a step that I’m missing?  In order to install the script in Chrome, I downloaded it, made the two required modifications, then dragged-dropped it onto my extensions page.  It now shows up there, but nothing changes on the WaniKani dashboard.

When I pulled up the Javascript console, it showed that there was an error in the script.  I also noticed that it seemed to wrap the entire script in a function.  I don’t know enough about web programming to know if that is normal…but if it isn’t, could that be what is causing the error? How can you install this extension to prevent it from doing this?

I pulled this out of the console to show what I mean by,  “wrap the entire script”: 

(function (unsafeWindow) {
// ==UserScript==
// @name        Wanikani Burn Reviews
// @namespace   wkburnreview

getWKData();
// ==/UserScript==
})(window);

Line that it claims causes the error (633):
(".low-percentage.kotoba-table-list.dashboard-sub-section").parent().wrap('&lt;div class="col" style="float: left; width: 370px; margin-right: 30px"&gt;&lt;/div&gt;');<br><br>Error:<br>Uncaught ReferenceError: is not defined

I tried it, I got review on not yet burn items, like radical gate
(i’m using chrome)

Very cool - one of the features I’m missing on WK!

Two things though:
- As soon as I enter something and get the respnse (correct/incorrect) and can’t do anything else? I can’t erase my answer and I can’t go to the next item. I can switch off the type (Radical, Kanji, Vocab) I’m reviewing and then I get something else but that’s nasty and more like a hack…

-Can you build in a “start”-button? I don’t like, that it starts retrieving items every time I visit my dashboard - must be a lot of traffic for WK, too.

JoeRPGMast said... Hmmmm...  is there a step that I'm missing?  In order to install the script in Chrome, I downloaded it, made the two required modifications, then dragged-dropped it onto my extensions page.  It now shows up there, but nothing changes on the WaniKani dashboard.

When I pulled up the Javascript console, it showed that there was an error in the script.  I also noticed that it seemed to wrap the entire script in a function.  I don't know enough about web programming to know if that is normal...but if it isn't, could that be what is causing the error? How can you install this extension to prevent it from doing this?

I pulled this out of the console to show what I mean by,  "wrap the entire script": 

(function (unsafeWindow) {
// ==UserScript==
// @name        Wanikani Burn Reviews // @namespace   wkburnreview
getWKData();
// ==/UserScript==
})(window);

Line that it claims causes the error (633):
$(".low-percentage.kotoba-table-list.dashboard-sub-section").parent().wrap('<div class="col" style="float: left; width: 370px; margin-right: 30px"></div>');

Error:
Uncaught ReferenceError: $ is not defined

$ is not defined sounds like the jquery script on the main page isn't working but this is supposed to be imported on the dashboard by default if I'm not mistaken. I'm not sure of how to go about fixing this.

Edit: As pointed out by ShotgunLagoon, you need Greasemonkey (Firefox) or Tampermonkey (Chrome) to use this and not the default extensions section in your browser. I put links to them near the top of the first post.

Narmora said... Very cool - one of the features I'm missing on WK!

Two things though:
- As soon as I enter something and get the respnse (correct/incorrect) and can't do anything else? I can't erase my answer and I can't go to the next item. I can switch off the type (Radical, Kanji, Vocab) I'm reviewing and then I get something else but that's nasty and more like a hack...

-Can you build in a "start"-button? I don't like, that it starts retrieving items every time I visit my dashboard - must be a lot of traffic for WK, too.
 It's supposed to retrieve items when you load the page and if you can't go to the next item then it sounds like you forgot to put "@" before require (you will know this is the case if text is small, black, and unformatted.

jboffel said... I tried it, I got review on not yet burn items, like radical gate
(i'm using chrome)
 Is it only the one item or have you gotten more not-yet-burned items? 
ShotgunLagoon said... yup, looks much better.

however, it keeps giving me the suit radical although i have a long time to go before i guru it. also, when the window is too narrow, it screws up the positioning of everything else.

The narrow window issue should now be fixed for the most part with 0.9.7. I will look into the issue of unburned radicals appearing.

JoeRPG, since it’s a userscript and not an extension, don’t you need to add it to tampermonkey and not straight to the extensions page? 

Samuel-H said..

Two things though:
- As soon as I enter something and get the respnse (correct/incorrect) and can't do anything else? I can't erase my answer and I can't go to the next item. I can switch off the type (Radical, Kanji, Vocab) I'm reviewing and then I get something else but that's nasty and more like a hack...

-Can you build in a "start"-button? I don't like, that it starts retrieving items every time I visit my dashboard - must be a lot of traffic for WK, too.
 It's supposed to retrieve items when you load the page and if you can't go to the next item then it sounds like you forgot to put "@" before require (you will know this is the case if text is small, black, and unformatted.
 Nope, I added it :)
But I just realized... it is working. But I have to click "new item". I always tried hitting enter. Is enter supposed to work?

Still, can you build in some kind of start button? That would be perfect!

Narmora said...
Samuel-H said..

Two things though:

Nope, I added it :)
But I just realized... it is working. But I have to click "new item". I always tried hitting enter. Is enter supposed to work?

Added the start button. Also, enter is supposed to submit your answer and if your field is blank then it's not going to submit. If you need to hit "new item" just go get passed the current item after you submit then there's an issue. If the text isn't formatted then the problem relates to the wanakana script not being read properly.

Am I completely blind or did you remove the link to download it?

Epicwhale said... Am I completely blind or did you remove the link to download it?
 Whoops, it must have got clumped in with some other text I deleted while I was editing.

I’ve been looking for something like this for a long time, thank you so much! Works great :slight_smile:

Lelion said... I've been looking for something like this for a long time, thank you so much! Works great :)
 I'm glad it's helpful to you. Let me know if you find any glitches that it doesn't seem like have been mentioned in the thread.

One thing that bothers me is whenever I burn an item it goes to the item page, and when I go back and click 開始 again, it starts loading all the data over again, and I have to wait like 10 seconds. Maybe if the item page opened in a new tab instead.

Lelion said... One thing that bothers me is whenever I burn an item it goes to the item page, and when I go back and click 開始 again, it starts loading all the data over again, and I have to wait like 10 seconds. Maybe if the item page opened in a new tab instead.
 I don't know what you mean by "whenever I burn an item it goes to the item page" (maybe you mean resurrect?) but you can enable "useCache" near the top of the script to skip loading (after you've loaded at least once successfully), but you'll have to set it back to false to update your burned items. I suppose I should change it to open in a new tab.

Edit: Done!
Samuel-H said...
Narmora said.

Added the start button. Also, enter is supposed to submit your answer and if your field is blank then it's not going to submit. If you need to hit "new item" just go get passed the current item after you submit then there's an issue. If the text isn't formatted then the problem relates to the wanakana script not being read properly.
 That's awesome, thank you!
I honestly spent the last ten minutes trying to find the "bug" why I only see "開始" and can't input anything. Until I realized that this is the button... oh my :)

Enter is still not working (everything looks nice and pretty formatted though) but I can live with it as long as the arrow and "new item" are working.
Really love this app - thanks a lot!
Narmora said...
Samuel-H said...
Narmora said.

That's awesome, thank you!
I honestly spent the last ten minutes trying to find the "bug" why I only see "開始" and can't input anything. Until I realized that this is the button... oh my :)

Enter is still not working (everything looks nice and pretty formatted though) but I can live with it as long as the arrow and "new item" are working.
Really love this app - thanks a lot!
 Enter should be working if you see the formatting. I don't know why it wouldn't be.

Is anyone else unable to advance the question using enter?
Samuel-H said... I don't know what you mean by "whenever I burn an item it goes to the item page" (maybe you mean resurrect?) 
 Oh, yes I ment resurrect! Must have had my mind somewhere else while writing.

Saw a link to this in another thread, seems useful. I like it :slight_smile:

This is exactly the script i havr been wanting and looking for months, thanks a ton!