It's That WaniKani Sale Time (Dec 18, 2018 - Jan 8, 2019)

Dear WaniKani Disciple,

As we gather together today to recall the radicals, kanji, and vocabulary in our Lesson and Review queues, it reminds me of the passage Crab 13, Gator 3:

On the 18th day, the Crabigator will descend from the heavens and a small hole will open in its shell. Those dedicated to the goodness of doing their Reviews, uh, religiously, may enter into its shell. Side note: there will be a smaller “tithing hole” to the side of the bigger hole, in which the disciple should cram $199, payable by credit card (or Paypal, if you’re from Europe or something and don’t really use credit cards that much).

Upon completion of the eighth day of the following month, the Crabigator in all its glory will ascend back from whence it came, taking all Chosen Ones to to the Kanjismos where they may escape the pain and suffering that is learning kanji on Earth.

To commemorate this important passage, we at WaniKani hold our Lifetime sale once per year from the 18th day of December until the 8th day of January. And in an attempt to honor the book as literally as possible, we lower our Lifetime price to $199, just as it was in days of yore.

tl;dr - WaniKani Lifetime sale’s going on until January 8, 2019, everyone. Visit your subscription page to upgrade.

FAQ:

• If you already have an account and upgrade, you’ll be prorated for unused time. Go to the subscription page and you’ll be able to see an estimate of what you’ll owe after proration. If you paid via Paypal, you won’t see the proration on this page. Email in to get a manual estimate.
  • We only do this sale once per year. The next time we do a sale will probably be ~365 days from today.
  • WaniKani is definitely not a cult.
  • Email us at hello@wanikani.com if you have any questions.
  • Yes, we love you :heart:
117 Likes

初!
(thank you merciful Koichi-sama!)

3 Likes

28 Likes

What?! It’s not?!
I’m a little disappointed now…

gotta go get that purp

24 Likes

81 Likes

my first post to celebrate the lifetime subscription <3

22 Likes

And we all turn purple with joy!

10 Likes

Deep purple !

1 Like

This happened on the exact same day that I received my envelope of stickers and a lovely handwritten note from Kanae congratulating me for finishing level 2.

Coincidence? I think not.
Carefully planned psychological manipulation? I think so.
Did it work? Damn straight.

23 Likes

I would be purple too if I wasn’t so gold!

what I mean no I totally like gold more than purple

16 Likes

We love you toooooo :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Just upgraded myself to lifetime, more than anything because you all do so much good stuff and I want to support that with my quaint English pennies. Thank you! (And because the Crabigator will grab my ankles from under the bed at night if I didn’t)

9 Likes

What color do I get if I re-upgrade to Lifetime?

3 Likes

Announce about a lifetime sale.
90% of the people posting in the thread are already lifetimers.

28 Likes

How do I properly worship the Crabigator if I already purchased lifetime last year?

7 Likes

DD00B689-D61D-40AD-8DE3-D439A3B73E03

43 Likes

Just purpled myself!

Also, also, WaniKani is on sale, but so is a bunch of the stuff in the Tofugu store, so if you’re here, and you’re new, probably go check out that stuff, yo!

11 Likes

I’ve gone full Life subscription… hope the wife won’t check the credit card statement…

25 Likes