聖☆おにいさん・Saint Young Men 😇 (Intermediate Book Club)

Join the Intermediate Book Club here!

Welcome to 聖☆おにいさん・Saint Young Men :innocent:

Satisfaction Poll is here!

sei_oniisan

Where to buy

Amazon JP | Bookwalker

Discussion Threads and Reading Schedule

We will start reading on August 15th, 2020.

Week Start Date Chapter Pages (physical) Pages (ebook) Page Count
Week 1 August 15th Chapter 1 + 2 3 - 26 5 - 27 20
Week 2 August 22nd Chapter 3 + 4 27 - 62 29 - 63 32
Week 3 August 29th Chapter 5 + 6 63 - 98 65 - 99 32
Week 4 September 5th Chapter 7 + 8 99 - 134 101 - 135 32

Vocabulary List

Discussion Rules

• Please use spoiler tags for major events in the current chapter(s) and any content in future chapters.
  • When asking for help, please mention the chapter and page number. Also mention what version of the book you are reading.
  • Don’t be afraid of asking questions, even if they seem embarassing at first. All of us are here to learn.
  • To you lurkers out there: Join the conversation, it’s fun!

Member List

Are you planning to read 聖☆おにいさん・Saint Young Men :innocent: with the book club?

• Yes
  • Yes, but I might start late
  • Not sure
  • No

0 voters

If so, which version will you be reading?

• eBook
  • Paperback

0 voters

6 Likes

You guys sure like ebooks, huh

6 Likes

It was free on bookwalker a while back :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Hehe, I got mine too when it was free! That was quite a while back, was it? A year, says my bookwalker bookshelf :face_with_monocle:

4 Likes

Mine says end of March this year. Ditto and I probably got it at the same time :eyes:

4 Likes

How do I always miss these freebies :sob:

5 Likes

I see! Mine is… older :upside_down_face:

Can’t find the invoice any more, but I’m pretty sure it was also free at that time.

3 Likes

I wish they would make physical manga free too

10 Likes

I mean while living in japan they were basically free. Go into book off and buy them for 100Yen a pop and when you read them just return em and get 70Yen back… crazy system they got going there.
I miss my Book offs so much :frowning_face:
Importing is crazy expensive compared to that so I at least try to save with some digital stuff when I’m not certain i will enjoy it 100%. First manga volume is a perfect example. Can still buy it if I’m crazy in love with it afterwards.

9 Likes

If anyone from the U.S. is joining and looking to buy a physical copy, Kinokuniya have reopened for pick-up across the country.

1 Like

Keep meaning to give this a read, but nothing’s pushed me over the edge.

I might join in. I think last time I glanced at it, I was kind of put off by how long the series was (like more than nine volumes?) for what felt like a limited premise. Even if I’m not in love with it, though, that’s a pretty reasonable pace, so I guess I could just read it for the book club in the background.

It’s currently 18 volumes and still going (last volume was released in May). :sweat_smile:

No idea for long this stays interesting, but I’ve read the first two chapters and thought they were quite funny. After that I’d decide on a case-by-case basis anyways.

2 Likes

Thanks! I guess I can always at least read the first volume and jump off! I need to get more used to the idea of browsing manga and just finding value in having experienced a series/author, rather than making everything a commitment.

3 Likes

Here you go!

Week Start Date Chapter Pages (physical) Pages (ebook) Page Count
Week 1 August 15th Chapter 1 + 2 3 - 26 5 - 27 20
Week 2 August 22nd Chapter 3 + 4 27 - 62 29 - 63 32
Week 3 August 29th Chapter 5 + 6 63 - 98 65 - 99 32
Week 4 September 5th Chapter 7 + 8 99 - 134 101 - 135 32
4 Likes

Thank you! That’s what I had suspected, good to get a confirmation on it :slight_smile:

1 Like

Good luck to the participants; I have the first volume, but it would be far to laborious for me without furigana right now. When I stop needing to look up 95% of kanji in manga I’ll be excited to come back to the archives of this club as I read it. :smiley:

6 Likes

Picked the book on my last trip to book off… so… I guess I’ll be joining in the end.

8 Likes

Aaaaaand we are go!

9 Likes

Oh, already? Just gotta work out where I’ve put my copy…

1 Like

Time‘s flying, innit? Was surprised as well…

2 Likes