よつばと! Reading club

It’s hard for me to say which is easier between the two.

レンタルおにいちゃん covers more serious material, but no matter how difficult I feel like it should be, it keeps coming up easy for me.

三ツ星カラーズ is lighthearted all the way through, but sometimes it weighs heavier on words I need to look up. I still feel like these sections are easier than when the grown-ups are having a discussion in よつばと!, though.

I wanted to nominate both for ABBC (I think that’s allowed), but I didn’t want to contribute to the list of nominations becoming too long.

2 Likes

I thought you meant us having a discussion in the forum. :joy:

6 Likes

6 Likes

So, what do you guys say we start the next volume? :see_no_evil:

8 Likes

Do it!!!

2 Likes

行くぞ!:four_leaf_clover:

最後だ!:grinning:

6 Likes

2 Likes

So… Yotsubato is ending. The club is almost at the end, that is. Would anyone be interested in continuing with Azumanga Daioh, by the same author? There are only four volumes

2 Likes

I’m not not interested, but…no furigana…

1 Like

It’s not ending. Yotsuba is forever.

Azumanga’s fairly old. Might be tricky to get a hold of it.

3 Likes

Random page I found showing a couple of minor changes from the original release and the release:

2 Likes

Personally, I wouldn’t. Firstly the lack of furigana (thanks Christopher), and looking at the picture (thanks again Christopher) the character looks too much like Yotsuba! This would really mess with my brain! But… it’s a really great idea for those who do want to do it! I mean, talk about completing the set!

Nah, she’s only got two ponytails. That’d make her Futaba at best.

4 Likes

Love it!
:rofl:

Lack of furigana and funds counts me out :rofl:

1 Like

No one is interested :(

2 Likes

Contact Azuma and implore him to get his publisher to do an e-book re-release with furigana, and if he follows through, I’m absolutely in. (Or wait a few years for me to reach level 60.)

Well, she *usually* does.

vlcsnap-2020-08-13-04h54m41s208

3 Likes

Seeing as I’m still only on volume 5…
And I’ve got Aria waiting for me…

2 Likes

Guys, if there is no club I can’t justify buying more books

3 Likes

Problem solved!

2 Likes