よつばと! Reading club

I’m also fine with starting this sooner.

1 Like

Me too!

Give me a date!

How about June? We can start with few people and have more join us as we go.

2 Likes

Okay, I’ll set it up now!
2020-06-06T03:00:00Z

2 Likes

So, we now have a thread for the live reading!
It would be great if we could move all discussion about this to there!
(To stop cluttering this thread, and to help people see that it is happening!)

Exciting stuff! Thank you everyone! Looking forward to this!

4 Likes

I would suggest adding this link to the OP too.

1 Like

Good idea! Will do! :+1: :smiley:

1 Like

Did you guys have any luck finding an ebook version of よつばと? Was looking at re-reading this as an absolute beginner book but a number of people are put off by the lack of an ebook.

It seems to be a popular book so I’m not sure why I’m struggling to find it on the usual sites.

1 Like

Not yet. So far, I’ve only seen the English release as an e-book. I was in fact looking again just last week into if there’s been a Japanese e-book release, and came up empty.

Edit: I will take this moment to note that 三ツ星カラーズ is similar in difficulty to Yotsuba, with fewer difficult chapters. It’s not the same style/feel of story as Yotsuba, though.

2 Likes

I can see the Yotsuba similarity. But it looks harder than レンタルおにいちゃん though?

1 Like

It’s hard for me to say which is easier between the two.

レンタルおにいちゃん covers more serious material, but no matter how difficult I feel like it should be, it keeps coming up easy for me.

三ツ星カラーズ is lighthearted all the way through, but sometimes it weighs heavier on words I need to look up. I still feel like these sections are easier than when the grown-ups are having a discussion in よつばと!, though.

I wanted to nominate both for ABBC (I think that’s allowed), but I didn’t want to contribute to the list of nominations becoming too long.

2 Likes

I thought you meant us having a discussion in the forum. :joy:

6 Likes

6 Likes

So, what do you guys say we start the next volume? :see_no_evil:

8 Likes

Do it!!!

2 Likes

行くぞ!:four_leaf_clover:

最後だ!:grinning:

6 Likes

2 Likes

So… Yotsubato is ending. The club is almost at the end, that is. Would anyone be interested in continuing with Azumanga Daioh, by the same author? There are only four volumes

2 Likes

I’m not not interested, but…no furigana…

1 Like

It’s not ending. Yotsuba is forever.

Azumanga’s fairly old. Might be tricky to get a hold of it.

3 Likes