Why are items not burning yet?

Remember reading somewhere that one should start burning the first items around level 12. Well, I checked and my first level radicals like ‘mouth’ say their next review is due in three months. How does that add up?

Burning an item isn’t due to your current level. It’s a factor of time. It takes about 6 months of all correct answers to burn something. This has the timings of each SRS level:

14 Likes

Aye. If you’re going at the maximum possible speed, you’ll be around level 25-26 before you start seeing any burns. On the other hand, if you’re taking a month per level, you’ll only be level 6 when that happens.

7 Likes
Fastest progress possible
Review SRS Level Total Wait Next Level
Lesson Apprentice 1 - 4h
1 Apprentice 2 4h 8h
2 Apprentice 3 12h ~1d
3 Apprentice 4 1d 11h ~2d
4 Guru 1 3d 10h ~1w
5 Guru 2 1w 3d 9h ~2w
6 Master 3w 3d 8h ~1M
7 Enlightened 7w 5d 7h ~4M
8 Burned 24w 6d 6h -
10 Likes

If you install the heatmap script, it’ll show you the upcoming burns in a calendar format.

5 Likes

People use the heatmap like that? O:
I would personally just check the Reviews Timeline.

1 Like

Based on that, you have been using WK for three months, and you have three months to go before you get first burns! That’s a lot of content! Congrats and keep your fire, do your Reviews (and all your lessons).

:hot_face::fire::crabigator:

4 Likes

Also, your levels only consider Guru’d items, theoretically you could reach level 60 without a single Burn, although your review pile would be a nightmare by even my standards!

3 Likes
2 Likes

My first burn will be in a couple of weeks and I’m level 22! I’ve been going pretty quickly this time around :grin:

2 Likes

burning items sucks. unless you can make them appear in text magically, you might not see something for too long and lose it.

not sure burning items is something to look forward to.

3 Likes

Use KS or KW for burns

Or aloe vera.

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.