Burning items?

Hi all! I was just wondering, what are the intervals per each mastery level (apprentice, guru, master, enlightened, burned)? I’ve got nearly 800 items at enlightened but I haven’t burned anything yet. I guess I’m sort of anticipating it!

I did search for it but the last topic I found on the subject was in 2015. I read somewhere that the intervals had changed some time ago and I wanted to make sure the information was accurate. Thanks! (And sorry if this information is available elsewhere)

It’s 4 months from Enlightened to Burned.

EDIT: @Kristen is the guide even right? It says the interval from Guru 1 to Guru 2 is 4 days, but isn’t it 7 days?

(@auruille just to be clear, the rest of the timings listed in the guide look accurate.)

2 Likes

yeah I’m pretty sure it’s 7 days as well

1 Like

Oh wait, Kristen is on vacation. Hmm, @oldbonsai perhaps?

Fastest progress possible
Review SRS Level Total Wait Next Level
Lesson Apprentice 1 - 4h
1 Apprentice 2 4h 8h
2 Apprentice 3 12h ~1d
3 Apprentice 4 1d 11h ~2d
4 Guru 1 3d 10h ~1w
5 Guru 2 1w 3d 9h ~2w
6 Master 3w 3d 8h ~1M
7 Enlightened 7w 5d 7h ~4M
8 Burned 24w 6d 6h -
10 Likes

This is helpful. Thank you!

1 Like

If you want to know when your first items are due to be burned, go to the top of your dashboard and find the level 1 radicals or kanji. Choose one that is enlightened and scroll to the bottom of the individual item’s page. It will tell when the next review is.

4 Likes

I didn’t know this was a feature. Thanks for the tip!

For reference, here’s the official timing: https://docs.api.wanikani.com/20170710/#spaced-repetition-system. They’re basically what @Kumirei said in the “next level” column, minus one hour.

1 Like