Weow! Koohi.cafe - A WK friendly SRS [300 vocabulary lists!]

Yes, that would work for what I’m reading now, but not in the future with other books.

I’m not sure what’s unclear. Now in koohi you need to go through all the cards one by one when you generate the list and either add them as lessons or ignore them because you already know them. If you could generate a list, rather than individual cards, you could quickly skim through it and check the ones you already know and sending the rest to lessons. Like in kitsun, you can see all the cards under manage cards and tick the ones you already know.

I don’t necessarily want to export them.

Ah, okay, gotcha.

I agree that the list view would be a bit easier to use than clicking through each card individually. That’s how it worked in floflo. Nowadays I only use Anki, so I’m not really a target user, though.

1 Like

Ah, ok. That would be great if that was brought over from floflo. Because clicking through hundreds of cards can be really daunting. If I see it as a list, and go ‘Oh, yeah, I know that and I know that’, that makes it more managable for me.

1 Like

This is somewhat tangential, but do you have anki decks or something that you’ve been through? If you do you can use the importer to mass mark words as known.

1 Like

Should I redirect all Floflo traffic to Koohi or should I have Koohi just take over Floflo’s domain?

Is there any way to pay to get a book added to Koohi ? I remember it was possible on floflo but I can’t find that option on Koohi.

There’s no formal shop interface but I’ve taken orders recently. It’s $20 a pop, same as before. Drop me the books you want. I’ll verify that they’re compatible. Then donate the amount through ko-fi. Don’t donate to me before I give you the green light obviously.

1 Like

@Raionus, if you missed this.

1 Like

Thanks.

The book is Ascendance of a Bookworm

The Wanikani bookclub link is here

3 Likes

I’ll do something about it soon. At work rn though

Doable. Drop a twenty and we’re good.

Also you reset your level?

1 Like

Done !

Yeah… I thought I could get free from the shackle of SRS, stopped WK, stopped floflo, just consumed tons of media… But with my crap memory, it’s getting worse and worse, I’m forgetting kanji readings and words left and right. Back to the grinder :sweat_smile:

Also done !

What I’ve learned from all the stories like this is that Vanilla is the smartest of all of us, because he’s the only one that never even tried to quit the SRS.

2 Likes

@morteASD You should be able to transfer now by going to the main page on Koohi. It’ll be on the bottom right

1 Like

Stuff:

Fixed some broken books:

• Konya, Sekai kara Kono Koi ga Kietemo @Vanilla
  • Yagate Kimi ni Naru: Saeki Sayaka ni Tsuite 2
  • Yagate Kimi ni Naru: Saeki Sayaka ni Tsuite 3
  • Japanese Graded Readers: Level 0 Vol 1 @conan
  • Re Zero 4 which just didn’t exist for some reason

Basically yeah, you were right I used jparser on that entire batch by accident.

I released Honzuki to the public because why make it private if you’re in a book club @Arzar33

@Ditto20 Have you seen the Urasekai Picnic anime? It feels like something is off about it, like they’re rushing or something? Should I just go read the book?

5 Likes

Lmao, yeah I think people get jebaited with anecdotes and stats about “you can know 90% of words in a book if you learn xyz” because they dont realize just how. many. goddamn. words there are to learn. Quitting SRS is something I’ve had my eyes on for years now, but yeah I’m still not there yet. With the latest book I read, out of the 330 pages I think I added maybe like 60 words or less? Once that number gets down to like 10 or so I might stop. But at the same time its like if thats the case, youll be adding like what…3 words per day? The SRS load would be so small that like…might as well right? Who knows. Its hard to tell how much is too much since like even in my native language I don’t know every word in a book.

Ye I’ve done that on accident before lmao

1 Like

Dang we’re gonna be trapped in floflo forever

Now I’ve got the suspicion that there are other books I probably did this on. Oh god, the anxiety.

1 Like

I haven’t, but what I’ve heard from people that both watched the anime and read the books is that the anime changes around the order of chapters quite a bit and sometimes compresses them to fit in one episode, so it probably wouldn’t be surprising if it felt a bit rushed

2 Likes

Idk, I think you’re good. It was pretty obvious right away because it was like hey 鋳る appears hundreds of times and you’re just like…I can’t find a single one but there IS いる, so surely if someone sees it they would notice.

1 Like

Okay, I get it. I was watching it and felt like there was some weird lack of cause and effect in the anime. RIP I absolutely hate shot for shot animes like ランウェイで笑って but I’d also like something that actually resembles the original

2 Likes

From Floflo:

I just did the second to last batch of transfers. The final transfer is on March 28. Sign up on Koohi, and ask for a transfer or get fookin destroyed because I will not have access to the data afterward.

Of fifteen people that asked for transfers last week, only five of them actually had data. This means of two things:

1. You asked for a transfer despite not having ever used Floflo (???)
  2. You asked for a transfer and didn’t sign up using the same email on Koohi as on Floflo

If you are number two, you better contact me on Discord or on Wanikani, because your data ain’t there. You got a week to sort it out with me.

Discord: raionus#8576

Wanikani thread

1 Like