Weow! Koohi.cafe - A WK friendly SRS [300 vocabulary lists!]

Update 3-27-2021 - Server-side Options

Pushing through a short update so people can report if there’s issues.

All options (except for light/dark theme) should be held server-side now. Everyone’s options should be reset because of that. @ me if you have any issues. There’s probably a decent amount that could go wrong.

Main reason I pushed this out early is so that people can tell me about issues before the work week starts.
@authramethel

Thanks! It worked for me. I logged in on a different computer from the one I saved the settings on and the popups and things didn’t appear (which is what I expected.)
The quiz settings also saved.

I noticed one of the library entries had the wrong image though.

1 Like

Nobody noticed :frowning:

Well only ten affected books. Two of which were custom orders. WHOOPS.

1 Like

Last bit for this weekend:

Fixed 10 books that were incorrectly parsed and put up a thing for custom order information.

You might be saying: “Raionus, why is it now $25 instead of $20 now?” The answer is: inflation. Inflation of my salary, that is. I now have higher standards for existing.

Also Floflo is dead

5 Likes

lol found the reason why re zero 3 was just a nightmare to sort out when I exported it to Anki :sweat_smile:

Also, I had no reviews in floflo so I wonder why I got 500 now :thinking:

Any chance of the exporter for koohi now that floflo is dead? :crazy_face:

1 Like

Yeah but I have a finite amount of time now so probably this weekend unless something comes up that pushes it back. Also need to start the process of rerouting everything to koohi

I don’t even know how floflo works anymore lol

Nice. I’m not really in a hurry, just nice to know if it’s planned. :+1:

I mean the reviews are on koohi. Don’t know where they came from, but I guess I can just trim them :smiley:

1 Like

would this be helpful for lower levels or it doesn’t matter?

1 Like

Yeah, I’d highly recommend using the “easy resources filter” rather than picking random things though.

Also since you’re a low level don’t be afraid to disable kanji reading questions by doing this:

You’ll just be asked to answer just the meaning instead, and the reading will show up on the left side of the screen.

1 Like

thank you so much! I was genuinely looking for something like this. This will help a lot.

1 Like

@Raionus don’t you have some extra ignore list where you filter some words out of lists? I think I remember you saying you removed like a list of preset trash words from every list or something. Do you have that list somewhere or if you didn’t use a list then how did you go about that?

It’s really just a list of particles, grammar phrases, and onomatopoeia - stuff that doesn’t convert well to a dictionary. It’s not nearly as useful as it used to be on floflo because now I do things like filter out archaic words and stuff.

Like literally it was like this: image

Do you have the actual list that you use so perhaps I could have it as well?

And do you you use the JTAT to compile the frequency data from mecab?

I mean, I would’ve posted it if it was actually useful.
https://pastebin.com/u7CW02Df

Yes. Although I modified the source to not sort by frequency.

1 Like

@Raionus every now and then for kana words it asks me for reading and it has the kanji

1 Like

How did you even get it to ask you a question like that? Custom word?

Honestly dont remember if it was custom or not. It shows up in the tags, right? I’ll take a look next time it happens

1 Like

I looked it up. It says data transfer is the source. That means there’s some messed up words from when you transferred from floflo to Koohi. Which is like… bad? But also good, because I’m not doing any more transfers ever again.

Lol I was wondering how that happened because you literally cannot get a word like that by using the website normally.

1 Like

Update 4-4-2021 - Book Releases

Nothing much, just adding the monthly releases:

Anime

• Toaru Kagaku no Accelerator @2.5k
  • Pokemon 2019 [1-60] @ 3.3k
  • Toaru Kagaku no Railgun @ 4k
  • Majutsushi Orphen Hagure Tabi @2.2k (Who voted for this lol it has a 5.8 on MAL)

Books

• Shimekirimae ni wa Yuri ga Hakadoru @3.8k
  • Wasureenu Majo no Monogatari @5.2k
  • Yoru Cafe 2 @2.1k [Aoitori Bunko]
  • Kaiki Keisatsu Meika @2.4k [Aoitori Bunko]

Wasn’t actually able to get much done update-wise. Hopefully next week will fix the Yagate Kimi ni Naru’s broken cover, plus get the exporter done.

2 Likes

Triple Post.

I think that I’ll port over a lot of the Floflo blog content over to Koohi, and run it on a subdomain. To be honest, doing updates is cool and stuff but it feels weirdly impersonal and I miss writing about dumb stuff on the blog. It’d be nice to write about Japanese or something again.

1 Like