Wani Kani History Web App
This is a third-party script/app and is not created by the WaniKani team. By using this, you understand that it can stop working at any time or be discontinued indefinitely.
Due to recent API changes that limit the data retrieval to the API, this website’s functions were severely reduced. Although this change was said to be temporary a restoration date has not been given.
You have to get an API v2 key. You can find it on your dashboard under your profile and “API Tokens”. This app doesn’t need any write access. Here is the link:
Because the old WK Timemachine seems to be unmaintained, I have made a similar one. You can access it here:
This is a WaniKani statistics website similar to WK stats. Its goal is to provide the user with more information about their WaniKani achievements. It focuses primarily on showing the user their personal Japanese learning history with WaniKani but also displays some different statistics from all categories.
I couldn’t find a website that shows you more stats than the wkstats website or WK timemachine. These statistics include some which show one their history of WaniKani in different data points (like accuracy or SRS stages). I’m very new to the WaniKani API but I tried my best to create some extra statistics and make this a useful website for you.
- projections (fastest, probable, and hypothetical dates you will pass certain levels; made by @UInt2048)
- reviews per day (chart)
- total reviews over time (chart)
- Hall of Fame (for radicals, kanji, vocab, or all together; based on how many correct/incorrect guesses there were)
- Hall of Shame (for radicals, kanji, vocab, or all together; based on how many correct/incorrect guesses there were)
- item types (SRS stages) to time charts (stacked and non-stacked) with time frame setting
- item accuracy to time chart (divided into radicals, kanji, and vocabulary)
- word progress (how many radicals, kanji, or vocab out of the total amount has one learned)
- word overview (x-y-chart based on reading and meaning accuracy of all learned words)
- info table (how accuracy, reviews, and lessons changed over a chosen interval of time; split into radical, kanji, and vocab)
- kanji wall (text block with all kanji learned: you can see how far you’ve come)
- Yojijukugo (four character idioms / “proverbs” with four kanji; you can look at those you can already read; includes meanings)
P.S. there is also a dark mode
These are split into “Meaning and Reading”, “Meaning”, “Reading”, and “Correct Answers”. “Meaning and Reading” is the percentage you see while doing reviews (in the top right corner), this is also what you see on WK stats. “Correct Answers” is the percentage of items that rise in SRS stage, so you didn’t fail either reading or meaning (this is the percentage at the end of reviews).
Feedback & Stat Suggestions
This is by no means a finished project and I would really love if you gave me some ideas on what stats I could add to this web app. I’ll try my best to add them! Also if you encounter bugs of any sort definitely feel free to voice them to me. Or if you want to say something else just reply in this thread and I’ll read it!
Do feel free to report bugs in the “issues” page of the Github repo for this project.
This website is hosted on my GitHub Repository
- srs level ↔ item type (chart toggle)
- project time spent to before 2018 when reviews weren’t logged
- smaller bugs (older resurrected levels;
srs stage item counts; projections chart reset annotation) time reviewing per day chart coverage page (percentage kanji of JLPT levels, Joyo, …) timemachine scaffolding day charts total item amount dark mode start time machine project