I have long been annoyed by some useless sections on the dashboard. I don’t care at all for the ‘recent unlocked items’, ‘critical items’ and ‘burned items’. Thanks to @RayderBlitz i discovered the ‘Stylish’ add-on that let’s you restyle a website.
So it started out by removing these sections. But i really love one-page websites and wondered i could remove more things, so i restyled the whole dashboard. Essentially, i wanted to distil the dashboard to its very essence (without setting my computer on fire). This meant i wanted the forums and SRS progress visible with one look.
- Added option to keep unlocked, critical and burned item panes
With @rfindley’s timeline
How to install
[OPTIONAL - Install the ‘Stylish’ add-on: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/stylish/ ]
- Download the theme at https://userstyles.org/styles/121874/wanikani-clean-dashboard
- Look carefully at the presented options. These can be changed at any time by going back and clicking on ‘Update with Stylish’. Be sure to refresh the page if you do this right after installing the theme for the first time.
Note: it is possible to install the theme as a userscript. The only downside to this is that you always need to refresh the page before changes are applied. This is not the case with Stylish. Personally, i also like to keep userscripts and userstyles separate.
- added option to show/hide the dropdown menu in the progress section
- Forum headers are smaller
- Removed (in my opinion) useless ‘new items’, ‘critical items’ and ‘burned items’
- Removed radicals/kanji under progress bar
- Removed text under SRS item count