[Userscript] Wanikani Dashboard Active Topics Panel

I like this a lot!  I was wondering, though, could we get a version where it shows the top 5 that aren't on the dashboard already in the recent community chat topics?  Like, if one of the ones it would show was in the recent community chat topics, it would switch it out for the next one down the list?  I don’t know how complicated this may or may not be to make happen, but I’ve had so many times where the new box shows exactly the same threads as the recent community chat topics box (because I’ve posted in all of them once or more) that I thought I’d ask… 

yumenokage said... I like this a lot!  I was wondering, though, could we get a version where it shows the top 5 that aren't on the dashboard already in the recent community chat topics?  Like, if one of the ones it would show was in the recent community chat topics, it would switch it out for the next one down the list?  I don't know how complicated this may or may not be to make happen, but I've had so many times where the new box shows exactly the same threads as the recent community chat topics box (because I've posted in all of them once or more) that I thought I'd ask... 
maybe the feature should rather be that if the two boxes are the same it should say in big letters ENOUGH POSTING ALREADY! BACK TO STUDYING! :-p

(no, seriously, i'd appreciate that as well but it sounds as if it could be complicated)

Thought about something like this for a while, thanks for taking it out of my brain and doing it, so I dont have to. ;○P
Will give it a try and most likely like it.

yumenokage said... I like this a lot!  I was wondering, though, could we get a version where it shows the top 5 that aren't on the dashboard already in the recent community chat topics?  Like, if one of the ones it would show was in the recent community chat topics, it would switch it out for the next one down the list?  I don't know how complicated this may or may not be to make happen, but I've had so many times where the new box shows exactly the same threads as the recent community chat topics box (because I've posted in all of them once or more) that I thought I'd ask... 
I'll write that down.

shikajitokashi said...
yumenokage said... [...]
maybe the feature should rather be that if the two boxes are the same it should say in big letters ENOUGH POSTING ALREADY! BACK TO STUDYING! :-p

(no, seriously, i'd appreciate that as well but it sounds as if it could be complicated)
 Lol, I know a few users who would definitely benefit from this ^^
Mempo said..

shikajitokashi said...
yumenokage said... [...]

Lol, I know a few users who would definitely benefit from this ^^
 to be fair, if you post in something even once it seems to consider you active forever, so if there are a bunch of longstanding threads on the board (like introductions) it's easy for this to happen. That said, I did just hit 800 posts, and I haven't been active for that long... '^_^  Will never beat Crunder on that account, though.  In about the same amount of time he has posted more than twice as much.  Mayucchi's position as #1 chattygator is very quickly crumbling.
Mempo said...
crow said... On Chrome, the height of the box's title is double that of the Topic's box.
http://snag.gy/YoXb0.jpg

Other than that, it works without a hitch!
 Yea, that's because you don't have my Clean Dashboard style installed. I sometimes forget that not many people have it while developing something new. I meant to fix that, but forgot about it. I'll do that in the next update though.
 I would install that, but i like seeing my recent unlocks...
Heiopei said...
Mempo said...
crow said... On Chrome, the height of the box's title is double that of the Topic's box.
http://snag.gy/YoXb0.jpg

Other than that, it works without a hitch!
 Yea, that's because you don't have my Clean Dashboard style installed. I sometimes forget that not many people have it while developing something new. I meant to fix that, but forgot about it. I'll do that in the next update though.
 I would install that, but i like seeing my recent unlocks...
 It partially defeats the purpose of the style, but I can add an option to leave the recent unlocks in.
Mempo said...  It partially defeats the purpose of the style, but I can add an option to leave the recent unlocks in.
 I thought you could just fix the box height, without me needing another script
Heiopei said...
Mempo said...  It partially defeats the purpose of the style, but I can add an option to leave the recent unlocks in.
 I thought you could just fix the box height, without me needing another script
 Thought I looked into that a few months ago and couldn't be easily fixed. Until I do, I added an option to the Clean Dashboard style to keep the unlocked, critical and burned item panes.

Thanks

v1.3
 - Enhanced styling for users who don’t have the Clean Dashboard style

Can someone confirm this still looks normal on screens larger than 15" ?

Mempo said... v1.3
 - Enhanced styling for users who don't have the Clean Dashboard style

Can someone confirm this still looks normal on screens larger than 15" ?
Looks fine both with and without the clean dashboard on a 27" monitor :D

I have installed it again after some time and when it loads it shows only 4 items, the 5th is almost hidden. After some time the spacing is adjusted and 5 are displayed. What’s more I have no spacing between the icon and the text in the headline when it comes to Clean Dashboard.

@embe stop using hipster browsers… all your scripts are breaking :smiley:

Chrome is a hipster brower? ;>

Sometimes, I have four as well. Does Safari count as a hipster? I just want to use Safari on Mac.

Amenophyckxs said... @embe stop using hipster browsers... all your scripts are breaking :D
 I switched to Chrome a few weeks ago. I also recently bought my first vinyl album. How many hipster points do I earn?
embe said... Chrome is a hipster brower? ;>
 A few days ago you posted in another thread that you're using something other than chrome... Dont lie to us ;)

/t/Jitai-字体-The-font-randomizer-that-fits/12617/225
Amenophyckxs said...
embe said... Chrome is a hipster brower? ;>
 A few days ago you posted in another thread that you're using something other than chrome... Dont lie to us ;)

/t/Jitai-字体-The-font-randomizer-that-fits/12617/225
That's based on Chrome >.< 

But ok, it does get you extra hipster points.

But it’s not chrome?:stuck_out_tongue: Either way, I was just joking. Embe knows nothing I say is serious :stuck_out_tongue:

EDIT: OH extra hipster points, i didn’t see that part… yay