[UserScript] SRS Grid Details

:warning: This is a third-party script/app and is not created by the WaniKani team. By using this, you understand that it can stop working at any time or be discontinued indefinitely.

Threw this together for myself, but thought others might find it useful.
Takes the panels on the dashboard stating how many items are in each state, and breaks it down into its parts.
Basically putting the details you would see in the popup, right into the panel itself (and hiding the popup)

https://greasyfork.org/en/scripts/22557-wanikani-srs-grid

02/24/17 Update:
Decided I wanted a new feature.  Now when you hover over a section, you will get a “section+” readout.
Example, hover over Guru and you get Guru+. radicals/kanji/vocab/total will now represent everything at that level or higher.

06/07/17 Update:
Now with “section-”. Everything that level and below. Click inside the SRS grid to toggle between + and - modes. This doesn’t stick however, so it’ll default back to + mode whenever the dashboard loads.

4/20/18 Update: Apprentice and Guru sections now have an option to ‘breakdown by sublevel’. Only for normal mode, not +/- modes.

09/25/2020 Update: Have you ever wanted to include locked and initiate items in the SRS Grid? No? Well, you can. It’s an option. (It doesn’t play well with window resizing)

18 Likes

Oooh
 I like this :slight_smile:

Works like a charm. Thanks!

thank you!!!

Does not seem to work for me. I use Wanikani Clean Dashboard by Mempo, and when i enable it, it looks like this:

And when i disable clean dashboard, the numbers are all messed up :stuck_out_tongue:

Not sure if its something you can fix, but ill keep it installed for now, and just disable it for now.
Thanks!

EDIT: I found out the weird number thing is fixed when i disable [Userscript] Wanikani Dashboard Cumulatives

Amenophyckxs said... Does not seem to work for me. I use Wanikani Clean Dashboard by Mempo, and when i enable it, it looks like this:

And when i disable clean dashboard, the numbers are all messed up :stuck_out_tongue:

Not sure if its something you can fix, but ill keep it installed for now, and just disable it for now.
Thanks!

EDIT: I found out the weird number thing is fixed when i disable [Userscript] Wanikani Dashboard Cumulatives

Right now its just using the data already on screen, and moving things around.  So if those scripts are doing something to the areas I’m pulling data from before I get to it, not much I can do there.  Although I have been thinking of changing over to using the WaniKani APIs which may fix things like that.  Just need to find the time

Doesn’t work in Firefox. You probably developed it in Chrome, because it’s working there.

Disabling my Clean Dashboard style doesn’t help. At first I thought you didn’t take laptop screen widths into account because the text part took up the whole width of the table, but upon closer inspection I saw that the numbers don’t get extracted from the pop-ups properly. The number <td>'s are empty.

Don’t worry folks, update is in the works.  Although yes I use Chrome, so Firefox fixes will be secondary.  As for IE/Edge
 who uses those?  You shouldn’t.  Knock it off.

Edit: Script updated.  Has both API and non-API mode.  CSS isn’t perfect, but everything should be functional.  Options is a little gear icon inside the Apprentice item panel.

1 Like

Nice. I think I prefer the info to be centered as before the update. Now it looks weird.

embe said... Nice. I think I prefer the info to be centered as before the update. Now it looks weird.
 Agreed.  Had to step away from it for real work, but didn't want to leave the fixes I had done hanging in limbo.

Nice idea!

It doesn’t seem to work for me on the ‘apprentice kanji left’ items though. All are solid pink regardless of progress.

oh yeah I’m using chrome.

EDIT: Unless that’s actually part of a different script? If so, what script are you using for that?

EDIT: yeah looking at your source I don’t think it’s supposed to be a part of your script, so never mind my original question. What script is your progress on apprentice items? cus that looks cool.

@DaisukeJigen,

If you’re interested, I found a way to dynamically remove the conflicting portions of “Clean Dashboard” CSS, which lets you avoid resorting to API fetches. Basically, it opens each <style> tag, searches for Mempo’s “SRS PROGRESS” section header, and removes that section.

Here’s the code, for reference: [temporary link].  I’ll delete this link after a while, since I don’t want to cause any public forking of your script.

[EDIT:  Forgot to mention
 there are various other changes in there, too, which you are welcome to use or ignore as you see fit.  I was trying to find a way to make the layout stay correct with various screen widths, e.g. so it looks good on phone, tablet, small screens, etc]

[EDIT2:  BTW, is your username a reference to Jigen from Lupin III?]

aniustaluwis said...EDIT: Unless that's actually part of a different script? If so, what script are you using for that?
The bottom part is "Dashboard Progress Plus" script, with "compact mode" enabled.

It seems to have broken my wanikani (can’t see the number os lessons/reviews or my level) and Dashboard Progress stuff (can’t open the tabs to show the info and the bar doesn’t fill up). I’m using firefox.

Tables are now centered within the panels.  I couldn’t decide if I like categories and numbers both centered on their respective sides, or if I liked them aligned along the middle, so I did both.  Pick your choice in the options.

rfindley said
@DaisukeJigen,

[EDIT2:  BTW, is your username a reference to Jigen from Lupin III?]
 Yep.  Love Lupin III, and Jigen’s the best.

Shadowplasm said... It seems to have broken my wanikani (can't see the number os lessons/reviews or my level) and Dashboard Progress stuff (can't open the tabs to show the info and the bar doesn't fill up). I'm using firefox.
 Weird, it shouldn't have any effect on the main lessons/reviews numbers up top.  Api or non-api?  What browser and other userscipts active?
Edit: non-Api mode has been removed.  Better to only maintain one, cleaner, path.
rfindley said...
aniustaluwis said...EDIT: Unless that's actually part of a different script? If so, what script are you using for that?
The bottom part is "Dashboard Progress Plus" script, with "compact mode" enabled.
thanks!
rfindley said... @DaisukeJigen,

If you're interested, I found a way to dynamically remove the conflicting portions of "Clean Dashboard" CSS, which lets you avoid resorting to API fetches. Basically, it opens each <style> tag, searches for Mempo's "SRS PROGRESS" section header, and removes that section.

Nice.  Integrated.  Thanks.
DaisukeJigen said...
Shadowplasm said... It seems to have broken my wanikani (can't see the number os lessons/reviews or my level) and Dashboard Progress stuff (can't open the tabs to show the info and the bar doesn't fill up). I'm using firefox.
 Weird, it shouldn't have any effect on the main lessons/reviews numbers up top.  Api or non-api?  What browser and other userscipts active?
Edit: non-Api mode has been removed.  Better to only maintain one, cleaner, path.
I'm using the latest version of firefox, the scripts active on my dashboard are:
Wanikani Level Duration
Wanikani Dashboard Progress Plus
Wanikani Real Numbers
Wanikani Ultimate Timeline

I'm still having the same issue as before even with the latest update =[ thanks for the replies though

What’s the graph add-on on the top there? If that’s part of this one, I’m not getting it
 But I want it.