Odd, perhaps it got caught in your spam filter? I just received the email a few days ago, here’s what it says.
Nice job finishing the first three levels! You’d be surprised at how many people don’t make it, so, you’re kind of special. I hope your time with WaniKani so far has given you an idea of whether or not WaniKani works for you.
Now that you’ve done a few levels, I wanted to pass along some stats. Because of the way we’ve ordered kanji and vocabulary, you know a lot more than you think. Here’s what’s coming up:
• Level 5: 97.50% of the kanji that Japanese 1st grade elementary students need to know, and 78.48% of the JLPT5 kanji. Think about it this way: 1st graders take a whole year to learn this many kanji. How long will it take you to finish level 5?
• Level 10: 98.73% of the JLPT5 kanji, 75.90% of the JLPT4 kanji, and 88.75% of the kanji that Japanese elementary school 2nd grade students have to know.
• Level 15: 86.00% of the kanji Japanese 3rd grade students have to know and 67.50% of the kanji that shows up in Japanese Twitter.
• Level 20: 76.00% of the kanji that appears in Japanese news websites.
• Level 30: 88.83% of the JLPT3 kanji, 86.48% of the kanji in Japanese Wikipedia articles, and 88.50% of the kanji that Japanese elementary school 4th graders should know.
• Level 40: 83.11% of the JLPT2 kanji, 86.83% of the kanji found in Japanese books/ebooks, and 90.61% of the kanji that Japanese 6th graders should know (yeah, we skipped a grade).
• Level 50: 98.05% of the kanji found on Japanese news sites, 53.49% of the kanji in JLPT1, and 96.92% of the kanji found on Japanese Twitter.
• Level 60: 84.78% of the kanji that Japanese 9th graders should know, 78.81% of the kanji found in JLPT 1, and 99.21% of the kanji found in Japanese books/ebooks.
Unfortunately, this is the point where I let you know that in order to continue your progress, you have to become a premium member. Besides access to the rest of the levels (4+), you’ll be able to use “vacation mode” (pause your reviews temporarily) and get a fancy color around your name in the forums. If you beat me to it and you’re already a member, then thank you so much for helping make this all possible. I really, really appreciate it. I look forward to hearing about all the Japanese you learn.
Copyright © 2018 Tofugu LLC, All rights reserved.
You are receiving this email because you have registered an account at WaniKani.
Our mailing address is:
117 SE Taylor St
Portland, OR 97214
Add us to your address book
No longer want to receive WaniKani educational emails?
If you’d like, you can unsubscribe from this list (the Crabigator may shed a tear)