Teasing Master Takagi-san Teasing Master Takagi-san 😝・Volume 8 Discussion Thread ・ [Volume Complete!]

Home Thread

Previous Volume

Currently Reading: Volume Complete!

Summary

Middle school students Nishikata and Takagi sit next to each other in class. Takagi, who is in love with Nishikata, enjoys teasing him with embarrassing pranks and jokes. In response, Nishikata creates plans to get his revenge, but they always fail when she identifies his weaknesses and capitalizes on them.

Schedule

Week Start Date Chapter Page Numbers Page Count
Week 1 August 20th Chapter 1 (63) - バレンタイン① 3 - 20 18
Week 2 August 27th Chapter 2 (64) - バレンタイン② 21 - 36 16
Week 3 September 3rd Chapter 3 (65) - けん玉 37 - 52 16
Week 4 September 10th Chapter 4 (66) - 自転車 53 - 68 16
Week 5 September 17th Chapter 5 (67) - 保健室 69 - 84 16
Week 6 September 24th Chapter 6 (68) - 体育倉庫 85 - 100 16
Week 7 October 1st Chapter 7 (69) - 雪だるま 103 - 118 16
Week 8 October 8th Chapter 8 (70) - 氷 119 - 134 16
Week 9 October 15th Chapter 9 (71) - 水切り 135 - 150 16
Week 9 October 15th Bonus - おまけ 152 - 155 4

As before, given how short the bonus chapter is, we will be reading Chapter 9 and the Bonus Chapter in the same week.

Discussion Guidelines

Everybody should feel free to post and ask questions–it’s what makes book clubs fun! But please do not post until you are familiar with Spoiler Courtesy!

Spoiler Courtesy

Please follow these rules to avoid inadvertent ネタバレ. If you’re unsure whether something should have a spoiler tag, err on the side of using one.

1. Any potential spoiler for the current week’s reading need only be covered by a spoiler tag. Predictions and conjecture made by somebody who has not read ahead still falls into this category.
  2. Any potential spoilers for external sources need to be covered by a spoiler tag and include a label (outside of the spoiler tag) of what might be spoiled. These include but are not limited to: other book club picks, other books, games, movies, anime, etc. I recommend also tagging the severity of the spoiler (for example, I may still look at minor spoilers for something that I don’t intend to read soon).
  3. Any information from later in the book than the current week’s reading (including trigger warnings that haven’t yet manifested) needs to be hidden by spoiler tags and labeled as coming from later sections.
Instructions for Spoiler Tags

Click the cog above the text box and use either the “Hide Details” or “Blur Spoiler” options. The text which says “This text will be hidden” should be replaced with what you are wishing to write. In the case of “Hide Details”, the section in the brackets that is labelled “Summary” can be replaced with whatever you like also (i.e, [details=”Chapter 1, Pg. 1”]).

Hide Details results in the dropdown box like below:

Example

This is an example of the “Hide Details” option.

The “Blur Spoiler” option will simply blur the text it surrounds.

This is an example of the “Blur Spoiler” option.

Posting Advice
  • When asking for help, please mention the page number, and check before posting that your question hasn’t already been asked. As the threads get longer, it becomes more convenient to use the Search function, which is located in the upper right corner of the forum. It is the magnifying glass which is near your profile picture! The best way to search is usually to type part of the sentence you are confused about, and select “in this topic”. This will show you all posts within the current thread which has that string of text.

• Be sure to join the conversation! It’s fun, and it’s what keeps these book clubs lively! There’s no such thing as a stupid question! We are all learning here, and if the question has crossed your mind, there’s a very good chance it has crossed somebody else’s also! Asking and answering questions is a great learning opportunity for everyone involved, so never hesitate to do so!

When asking for help, please include the ‘chapter page number’. This makes it easier for others to help you and it makes the information in this thread more searchable. The ‘chapter page numbers’ are the ones in between the panels on every page, not the ones that occasionally appear at the bottom of the page (those would be the volume page numbers).

Where To Buy

Physical: Amazon JPCD Japan

Digital: Amazon JPBookwalker

Vocabulary

Chapter Participants

7 Likes

バレンタイン!? Another multi-chapter arc? Volume 8 is spoiling us from the start! :wink:

Are you planning on reading with us this week?
  • I will be reading along!
  • I’ve already read it!
  • I will catch up later!
  • I won’t be reading (anymore)

0 voters

6 Likes
Ah, I see an overlap with my reading from yesterday.

7 Likes

After reading week 1’s chapter, I wonder: is the volume 5 omake an alternate reality version of this day?

Over in Yukari Land, Valentine's Day landed on Saturday.

I wonder if the current seating arrangement for Takagi and Nishikata means they’re in year two this chapter. (The mangaka said in an interview that he typically has year one in mind, but sometimes does chapters set in year two.)

Then again, if the seating arrangement change was during year one, the Yukari chapter could easily be in year two.

7 Likes

so cute!!!

vocab populated

7 Likes
Summary

This chapter left me just as confused as Nishikata, but then I read a bit forward and realized it was a multi-parter! I have half a mind to just read it all now but I’ll wait for the schedule to get there haha

6 Likes

Although we get a part 2, I think part 1 wrapped up sufficiently. Takagi placed the box in Nishikata’s shoe box after he went on ahead in the morning. When he sees it after school, he’s prodded toward thinking it’s from Takagi, at which point she gives him obligation chocolate to confuse him on who the box is from. As he thinks maybe the box isn’t from Takagi, she adds the こっちは to her 義理(ぎり)だ, so it’s clear that this one is obligation chocolate (as opposed to the box she left for him earlier).

Elsewhere, these boys need Maki in their school.

7 Likes

Ohhh, I was clearly a full Nishikata here, I thought it was hers but I didn’t realize the implications of what she said

5 Likes

バレンタイン 2: Electric Boogaloo. Ready for another week of sweets? :grin:

• I’ve already read it!
  • I will catch up later!

0 voters

5 Likes

hmm…I just finished but the post was 43 min ago…but I still clicked already read it :smiling_imp:

vocab updated cute!!! have a recollection of seeing this one in the anime at some point…

3 Likes

(Just kidding. Anytime before Saturday is technically early, anyway. :stuck_out_tongue:)

Thanks for always filling out the vocabulary!

4 Likes

cheating… learned it from からかい上手の高木さん!

6 Likes

It was a week after Valentine’s Day when they first noticed MrGeneric’s disappearance.

A search party was formed.

MrGeneric’s last known avatar was printed on fliers and passed among the police.

But in the end, it was determined that this was the perfect opportunity to get 100% “I’ve already read it!” on this week’s poll, so everyone decided to postpone the search for a few more days.

6 Likes

Thanks for the laugh! :joy:

I’m a day late, mostly because I straight up didn’t realize yesterday was Thursday. :see_no_evil:

Let’s get ready to watch Nishikata and Takagi-san play some けん玉!

• I’ve already read it!
  • I will catch up later!

0 voters

5 Likes

I thought today was Thursday until my calendar reminder for a “every Friday morning” task popped up this morning. Then I received an e-mail notification from our Medicare contractor about their call center being closed Monday, so that got me checking and sure enough I have Monday off. (No wonder so many coworkers were out early or all day today…)

As for this week’s reading, here’s some extra けん(だま) fun:

Someone's really bad at it.

And someone seems to be good at it.

This one may be considered a spoiler.

This one never happened, by the way.

7 Likes

hahaha sadly with the socal heatwave…the ac decided to die … so I spent a big chunk of my day fixing the ac unit or I could be able to click that button…sadly this time around I cannot…but the air is cold again!!!

6 Likes
Off-topic

With no A/C here, I’m lucky(?) that all I have to deal with is a small desk fan that randomly stops working.

But it’s only topped out at 86F indoors so far (add two degrees for upstairs, so I’m staying downstairs). Should be hotter by Sunday, though!

5 Likes
off topic...

fans are cheap…order on amazon, visit a target or something…replace that before it gets worse

I wanna read this chapter but im so tired…

5 Likes
Me being difficult while still off-topic.

I’m much too cheap to buy a new fan. (Ignore the vast size of my collection of digital manga purchases.)

Worst case scenario, I do have a fan I bought back in the late 1990's that's still in its original packaging.

Note pictured here: The handle is a decent length for manual operation. Difficult to use while working at the computer, though.

8 Likes

life is short you can’t take it with you :wink: buy an electric fan…and if you are worried about rolling blackouts buy a generator hehehe

6 Likes