Teasing Master Takagi-san Teasing Master Takagi-san šŸ˜ćƒ»Volume 8 Discussion Thread 惻 [Volume Complete!]

oh 2 posts in a rowā€¦ danger hahahaā€¦finished the chapter ā€¦ vocab populatedā€¦

that 2nd to last panel I didnā€™t understand w/o some deepL helpā€¦guess there is still stuff that gets me sometimesā€¦ too many ć£ć¦ :wink:

5 Likes

The weather is finally cooling down enough that a nice č‡Ŗč»¢č»Š ride might not result in me being a melted puddle on the ground. Might set some time aside for getting out and doing that!

Are you planning on reading with us this week?
  • I will be reading along!
  • Iā€™ve already read it!
  • I will catch up later!
  • I wonā€™t be reading (anymore)

0 voters

5 Likes

Iā€™m really early this week compared to the usual! I miscalculated my schedule thinking I had a shadows house chapter to read today but forgot we had finished the volume and were skipping a week haha

Story comments

This chapter Takagi fooled me too, I think Iā€™ve never seen Nishikata so sure of something
Such confidence

But of course it was the first thing she told him, ahhh so slick

5 Likes

feel very slow on the reading lately ā€¦stayed up late to finishā€¦ (havenā€™t started shadow house reading and for that one I was saying 1 week aheadā€¦thereā€™s still tomorrow to catch up)

anywayā€¦populated the vocabā€¦ for some reason, maybe cuz Iā€™m tiredā€¦had more trouble reading this chapterā€¦not really sure why thoughā€¦ nothing terribly hard but did find some new vocabā€¦

maybe itā€™s my motivation and losing it lately ā€¦ in an case this chapter was okā€¦ hopefully next week will make me smile more :slight_smile:

7 Likes

As always, thank you for populating the vocab. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

This manga is one that I tend to read when I have less time now, since I can generally squeeze it in on a tighter timetable, which means I usually wonā€™t be able to add vocab when I read it, so it really is appreciated that youā€™ve continued to do so!

Iā€™m sorry to hear that you are struggling with motivation, and I hope that the spark comes back for you soon. Until then, though, é ‘å¼µć£ć¦ļ¼ :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

6 Likes

Thank you for all of your work on the vocab list :slight_smile:
Iā€™ve been reading this manga a little later in the week recently and Iā€™m always really thankful when I open the vocab list and find its already been filled!

6 Likes

I did figure out what bugged me about this chapter ā€¦

spoilers

noā€¦ really ā€¦ spoilers donā€™t click if you havenā€™t read it

Thereā€™s times when I feel like her cheating isnā€™t mean spirited. but this time there was nothing on the line just a win/loseā€¦ and he finally had a winā€¦for realsā€¦and she pulled it out from under him in a pretty underhanded wayā€¦ it felt a little mean spirited and wasnā€™t cuteā€¦IMO. I really felt bad for Nishikataā€¦whatā€™s wrong with letting the poor guy get a little win once in a whileā€¦ć‹ć‚ć„ćć†

Which probably parallels my motivation and coupled with a Japan trip in Oct that at this point will probably get cancelled because of their stupid anti foreigner BS in the name of covidā€¦(though weā€™ll seeā€¦I havenā€™t completely given up yet but too many things coming together in a bad way)ā€¦ If I spoke Korean Iā€™d just take my money and shift it to S. Korea and be done with itā€¦ hehe anywayā€¦ guess I should work on Shadow House so I donā€™t actually fall behind.

6 Likes

Iā€™ve done the thing where I fall a few weeks behind, so will have to binge when I get back around to reading more

Itā€™s not like I havenā€™t been doing stuff in Japanese at least, just one of those things

3 Likes
Off-topic

I feel like maybe your motivation is being drained by the frustration with Japan itself? I know itā€™s been very hard these last couple of years on anyone wanting to move there, must be really annoying to not know if your plans will be able to be carried out, the uncertainty of it all!

Also, on the chapter: I donā€™t feel like she pulled out his ā€œwinā€ from under him, takagi is basically just sending him signals of her affection and trying to get it through to him in her own way, I didnā€™t feel like it was mean spirited.
I agree it is a bit annoying how one plot point is how Nishikata never wins, but thatā€™s kinda inevitable in manga without an overarching story line.

4 Likes
off topic

Itā€™s stress from 360 degreesā€¦ havenā€™t had any time off in over a year, work is BAD (understatement), life from 360 degrees ā€¦ this Japan trip was going to be an an actual proper vacation (1 month) where my office could NOT reach me due to the distance and time difference (few people respect personal time on vacations)ā€¦ couple that with everything else just stressedā€¦

As far as this chapter goesā€¦ I just felt she was actually cheating in a negative wayā€¦ just my opinionā€¦it wasnā€™t cute IMOā€¦ but the next chapter probably will beā€¦ right?

And maybe the vacation will happenā€¦supposedly a new announcement about reopening this week is dueā€¦but as with the first one, we are open (but not really group tours only visa and full supervision required), and the second one, this time we are openā€¦(again but not really ā€¦ unguided purchase everything through a govt approved agency, visa required, blah blah) ā€¦ which there may or may not be ways around this but itā€™s actually turning out to be a painā€¦ in any case itā€™s a thread derailer so moving onā€¦ will see what this 3rd announcement says and what the actual rules say when the come putā€¦

5 Likes

I wonder if we need to be worried about poor Nishikata this week when looks at the cover for äæå„室 a little more closelyā€¦

• I will catch up later!

0 voters

6 Likes

Early again due to scheduling mishaps! This week it was Orange that I thought had a chapter to read this week

With your comment and the kanji I thought that was some sort of Dissapearing poison. In retrospect it made more sense that it was disinfectant haha

5 Likes

Hahaha. My comment was referring to the restraints.

5 Likes

Nishikata: Please, no more teasing! Have you no restraint?

Takagi: Actually, I do. Three, in fact. Here, try them on.

6 Likes

havenā€™t read this yetā€¦been a fun past couple of daysā€¦ 4th dose new omicron booster + flu shot yesterday (still sore) and today was a dentist visitā€¦but these comments are intriguingā€¦ looking forward to reading this chapter.

6 Likes

Time for another manga staple: ä½“č‚²å€‰åŗ«!

• I will catch up later!

0 voters

In some other news

@shuly,

Iā€™m sure youā€™ve seen this already, but I hope itā€™s made things a little better for you, since things have been a bit rough for you lately!

I donā€™t remember exactly when your trip was supposed to be, but does that mean your trip is a go?!

5 Likes
off topic....

well itā€™s more newsā€¦I listened live to the pm announcement at 7am this morning (the one he did from NY)ā€¦officially there will be a meeting on Sept 30th and then official news should be out on Oct 1stā€¦right now all we have are wordsā€¦but one of my Japanese friends said that they almost never go against the PMā€¦(just a tad hesitant because they have cried wolf so many times already)ā€¦

so tonight pulled the trigger on the wifi rentalā€¦ordered a new dash cam to throw in the rental carā€¦xferring cash for currency exchangeā€¦though canā€™t check out the JR rail passes because of some 3D secure visa bs so will try again tomorrow (the Chase 3d secure people are gone for the day)ā€¦and the JR rail website closes (why does Japan close electronic stuffā€¦Iā€™ll never understand, atms, websitesā€¦wthā€¦)ā€¦anyway when chase is open in the morning the site is closed for purchasingā€¦ fml hahaha

but going all in at this point and hopefully ā€¦ Iā€™ll be on a red eye in about 3 weeks time (finger crossed)ā€¦ fingers crossed this trip comes together!!! mental health break needed!!! Kyuushuu and Hokkaido here I come!!! 2 weeks in Hokkaido aloneā€¦drivingā€¦peaceful, relaxing, nature photographyā€¦ 3 weeks feels so far away but then again so closeā€¦the only real troubleā€¦Iā€™m about to find out how bad my Japanese really is :rofl:

5 Likes

Itā€™s still a bit early for snow here, but letā€™s have a little prelude into winter with some é›Ŗć ć‚‹ć¾ building.

• I will catch up later!

0 voters

Side-note: Is anybody else having occasional issues with the forums not wanting to properly load pictures lately? I initially thought it might be my internet connection being a little silly, but Iā€™ve been noticing it wherever I check the forums.

4 Likes

havenā€™t had that issue but maybe takagi-san?

4 Likes

I noticed that happening a couple times this weekā€¦ a few reloads later it would work though.

3 Likes